Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
So, I am the Sims 2 for the PS2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BETTER PC or PS2
  PS2
  PC
  BOTH equally
View Results

Reckless and Abandoned

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:21 pm
Don't get me wrong it's a very good game.But I don't really like the fact that there is little customization(compared to the PC version) you're allowed to use.And a lot of the guys look like the female sex.

So fellow Sims lovers, what are your favorite aspects to the Sims 2 for PS2

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:37 pm
I can't really comment as I don't own a PS2 but I did get Sims2 for the GameCube. I didn't really like it that much. Especially since kids were completely removed from it.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

nikkild13696

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:28 am
yeah..same here as for menaceman..i didn't really like the fact that kids aren't on the console..it makes the game so much less fun.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:10 am
it's not all that bad.you can still have fun watching them do there stupid antics such as dancing. i get a kick out of that  

Reckless and Abandoned

World of dreams

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:05 pm
It's not as good as the PC version
but it's not that bad
there are some points in the consel version that make it good

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:51 pm
Frankly, after playing the PC version, I find it lame.

The cons: There isn't a great deal players can do. The fact remains that, you're limited as to how many items you can place in your household, can't build multi-story houses, can't reproduce or age, can't create families with family trees, can't customize clothes or items, can't create your own locations, you can't choose whom you'd like to invite to your parties, and there is so much more lacking. But, it is very unrealistic to think that a PS2 version would ever hold as much as the full-fledged game with such low memory capacity anyway.

The pros? Well, there are few aspects in gameplay that players may like about it which the PC version lacks.

Firstly, there are more skintones by default in the PS2 version, including alien, elder, and freckles.

Second, the ability to dress your sim is enhanced completely. You can now separately go ahead and choose hats, glasses, bracelets, belts, necklaces and earrings, shoes, tops, bottoms, undies, and accessories individually (unlike in the PC version where these articles of clothing were grouped together) so you can virtually mix and match different items together to create your very own outfits. And the Maxis default outfits on the Sims 2 for PS2 are actually quite nice. Plus, any wardrobe you buy in the PS2 version takes you to CAS directly so you don't have to buy clothes.

Third, the quality that is the most notable, and arguably the best improvement we can expect for our current PC Sims applications, is the ability to alter and shape your Sim's body instead of just plainly choosing "thin" or "fat." On the PS2 you can shape their legs, torso, and arms. So you can make your sim muscular, skinny, busty, average, curvy, or overweight.

Fourth, the ability to pick and choose ingredients to make a variety of different foods, including some that enhance your Sims' abilites was quite fun to play with. For example, certain foods raised a sims' social abilites, romanitic abilites, or skills. (Of course, the llama recipes made your sims' barf).

Fifth, depending on if your into this kind of thing, this can be a good thing or bad thing, but players can control their ghost sims in the PS2. There aren't many social interactions besides scare tactics which could easily make all sims poop in their pants but no points of a sims' social relationships were received or lost through these interactions. Plus, Sims can be brought back to life.

Sixth, I would have mentioned that there is some sense of weather in the Sims 2 console version but as Seasons has already been released there's no point in using this in its defense.

Alright, that's a very basic layout of the best and the worst of the console vs. PC. PC wins, without question but the console isn't completely terrible, it's just boring and lacking when compared to the mother.  

Princess Harmonia

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:02 pm
I actually, like the fact that you can switch around your outfits. Like, have the pants and then shoes, and not have to get them together. And also the fact that you can wear your sleeves at diffrent legnths, and close your jackets.

I don't like the fact that you cna't have kids, there really is no "ending" of life and you can pretty much live how long you want, wich that could be a plus for some.

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games