Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you count calories?
  calories are stupid.
View Results

Sio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:47 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Yeah, I've done that a couple times, I just have a hard time jumping up from that first drop.

Jump almost simultaneously with your drop. Then, use the joint of your thumb to push the C-stick up as soon as possible. Works out for me every time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:27 pm
Can I wavedash? Yes. Am I good at it? Heck no unless I'm using Luigi. If someone saw me doing WD they'd probably say I was doing it incorrectly.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:38 am
Sio
SilentBlackTiger
Yeah, I've done that a couple times, I just have a hard time jumping up from that first drop.

Jump almost simultaneously with your drop. Then, use the joint of your thumb to push the C-stick up as soon as possible. Works out for me every time.

I think he's talking about wavelanding from the edge with Dorf. It took me a few days to get it down pretty solid.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:22 pm
I'll work on that. I'll let you know how it goes. wink Thanks Sio.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Sio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:44 pm
Ronin_686
Sio
SilentBlackTiger

I think he's talking about wavelanding from the edge with Dorf. It took me a few days to get it down pretty solid.

Oh.

That reminds me. I don't have wavelanding from the edge down on Fox yet. I should work on that.
General Lea
Can I wavedash? Yes. Am I good at it? Heck no unless I'm using Luigi. If someone saw me doing WD they'd probably say I was doing it incorrectly.

As long as you're not leaving the ground, you're doing it right. Whether or not it's a perfect wavedash is another story though. You do perfect wavedashes by air dodging almost exactly parallel to the ground. If you go too far, you'll botch your wavedash entirely and just air dodge.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:37 pm
Wavelanding from the edge with Fox is one of the easier people to do it with IMO. Pretty much if you do it as fast as possible, you'll do a perfect one.  

Ronin_686

Sio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:22 pm
Fire Fox ledge stall is ******** stupidly hard to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:09 pm
Sio

Not really... >_>  

Ronin_686

Sio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:10 pm
Ronin_686
Sio

Not really... >_>

Yeah. I just realized that about a minute after I posted. Turns out I was making things overly complicated by trying to use the C-stick to let go of the ledge instead of just doing a quarter-circle on the control stick.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:25 pm
Sio
Ronin_686
Sio

Not really... >_>

Yeah. I just realized that about a minute after I posted. Turns out I was making things overly complicated by trying to use the C-stick to let go of the ledge instead of just doing a quarter-circle on the control stick.

Heh, :p  

Ronin_686

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:38 pm
The only characters I really can't wavedash efficiently with are Yoshi and Mewtwo. But I really don't care; I never use them, and I never will.  
Techniques

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff