Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:48 pm
Squeeeeee!!! Green's excited again!! Tomorrow I send in the paperwork to start my Chirurgeon training!!! A friend of mine has been one of the only active Chirurgeons in the Barony (she's the the official Barony Chirurgeon, in fact...), and it's been really hard on her at events, since others in the Kingdom rarely volunteer to be officially on duty at the camping events. Which, of course, means that she can't do many fun things in the evening, in case someone gets hurt. Now I'll get to help alleviate the stress! Yay!

Anybody have any advice? Any weird injury stories?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:50 pm
I'm no chirurgeon but I've worked as a scribe for them at pennsic.

I'll never forget one gentle who came in with this really nasty cut on the bottom of his foot.

When asked how he got it he sighed heavily, looked up and said, straight faced but obviously amused. "If you are ever in a jewish wedding. Don't get drunk and then stomp on the glass barefoot. It hurts."

It was nearly 5 minutes before anyone could help him. Everyone just started laughing. Including the guy.  

Snaebjorn

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:08 pm
These aren't so much weird as just scary.

At SeaDogs 2 years ago at The Rouges encampment I believe(though I'll have to check with Master Elexi) there was of course some heavy drinking going on. I'm not sure what the issue was but someone had a knife out for something and they ended up nearly slicing their finger off. Luckily our friend Aedain wasn't deployed ATM and he is House Whispers chiurgeon. He rushed over and helped and everything was ok ^_^

Now this next one has become rather something of a joke between everyone who knows Master Elexi.

At SeaDogs THREE years ago(notice s**t happens at SDN.) This was before I met Elexi. He was doing his normal partying thing and was given a Girl Scout Cookie shot by Captain(?) Zorgon(I think...again I will have to check with him.) This Girl Scout Cookie shot was a "thin mints" one so it had Peppermint Schnapps in it. Well the thing is Elexi is DEATHLY allergic to mint so he took the shot and almost immediately went in to anapalactic(sp?) shock. Luckily there was a young lady in the encampment that is allergic to bees so she keeps an epi with her at all times. She ran off and grabbed it and saved Elexi. The next day Master Elexi decided to stay instead of going home like he had originally planned. At this time I was part of the HMS Dragons Blood so he came wandering into our encampment to talk to Captain Tristan and I gave him a hug and back rub and such loves as that. Thats how Elexi almost had to die for us to meet. And now everyone asks "is there mint in it?" when he's going to sample someone elses alcohol at events.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 am
Dema

At SeaDogs THREE years ago(notice s**t happens at SDN.) This was before I met Elexi. He was doing his normal partying thing and was given a Girl Scout Cookie shot by Captain(?) Zorgon(I think...again I will have to check with him.) This Girl Scout Cookie shot was a "thin mints" one so it had Peppermint Schnapps in it. Well the thing is Elexi is DEATHLY allergic to mint so he took the shot and almost immediately went in to anapalactic(sp?) shock. Luckily there was a young lady in the encampment that is allergic to bees so she keeps an epi with her at all times. She ran off and grabbed it and saved Elexi. The next day Master Elexi decided to stay instead of going home like he had originally planned. At this time I was part of the HMS Dragons Blood so he came wandering into our encampment to talk to Captain Tristan and I gave him a hug and back rub and such loves as that. Thats how Elexi almost had to die for us to meet. And now everyone asks "is there mint in it?" when he's going to sample someone elses alcohol at events.

*shudder* ... Reminding me again that I need to get an epi pen soon. Eep.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Ringbender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:45 pm
Learn to think outside the box. Look at what you learn as if you have never seen or known anything about SCA.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:42 am
Update: I've been officially accepted into training! I start at Warriors and Warlords this week!!! *does a little spazzy dance*  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:33 pm
oooh oooooooh, I got to treat my first battle wound this weekend! A fighter came in with a super nasty gash on his thumb from landing on his gauntlet funny. It was really deep and should have had stitches, but he was stubborn and wanted to just be bandaged well enough to go back out onto the field. I could see the connective tissue and everything when he pulled back the skin so that I could squirt the antiseptic wash into it. It was awesome!! I got to have my armor removal class too, which basically just served to boost my confidence (I used to go to practices all the time to be social, and fighters always had me help them with their armor...), but it was cool nonetheless. Woohoo!! I now have two signatures to go till I'm warranted!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:12 am
W00t!! 'Grats Green!! heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:30 am
Naito_Mitsukai
W00t!! 'Grats Green!! heart

thanks!! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:03 pm
Way to go, Green! mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen