Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
July 07 Issue Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thoughts about the replacements?
  Whoot!
  They're ok...
  They suck.
  I don't really care.
View Results

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:30 am
SiriaRaven
I really liked the Nana poster that came with this month's issue. I'll be sad to see Nana go. But I've heard Honey and Clover is pretty good. I'm really glad that they're getting ride of Baby and Me. I never like that one. I only ever read it when I'm reaaaaaally bored.

OMG! I loved that it came with a poster. It's so nice that they give us extra stuff...not that my bright green walls appreciate being covered up xd .
Yeah, from what I've read about Honey and Clover, it's really good; or at least it's extremely popular in Japan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:59 pm
Thanks for the replacement summaries. ^-^ I was really worried that the replacements wouldn't be as good as Nana, but they sound really interesting.  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:10 pm
panda21
Thanks for the replacement summaries. ^-^ I was really worried that the replacements wouldn't be as good as Nana, but they sound really interesting.

Sure biggrin . Yeah, they do sound rather interesting, though I am really sad to see NANA go...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:50 pm
kel aka gandy
KagomeHime369

blaugh YATAI! I'm so happy they're going to put in Haruka! (though, I usually referred to it as Toki Naka de...) mrgreen mrgreen
I have most of the books and have been translating them for friends for over a year now xd

4laugh Finally, they're getting rid of Baby&Me. That story dragged on...and on...and on....it got really annoying quick. sweatdrop

*sniffle* I wil be sad to see NANA leave, as it was starting to get to the really good parts *sniffle*
But I can see why SB would rather remove it, as it gets VERY mature.

Hopefully the new manga will be awesome^_^

So Haruka's really good? Yay!
I know what you mean about Baby and Me...it was really annoying...
NANA does get rather mature...though not too much mature than it is already...I'm just glad this means that it will be unedited. biggrin

Toki no Naka de = Fushigi Yugi + Inuyasha + Meru Puri x Backstage Prince...yeah, its that odd a story sweatdrop ...But a really good one if they translate it correctly^_^  

KagomeHime369

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:15 am
KagomeHime369
Toki no Naka de = Fushigi Yugi + Inuyasha + Meru Puri x Backstage Prince...yeah, its that odd a story sweatdrop ...But a really good one if they translate it correctly^_^

Well I like all of them (except Meru Puri, cuz I haven't read it yet), so it sounds good to me. ^.^ But yeah...that is an odd mix...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:50 pm
kel aka gandy
KagomeHime369

Well I like all of them (except Meru Puri, cuz I haven't read it yet), so it sounds good to me. ^.^ But yeah...that is an odd mix...

It IS an odd mix. Funny just reading the preview I had the same thoughts about what it was mixed with!!! ^_^;;

I'm really going to miss Nana though. It's become my current obsession. -went to all the trouble of finding the music to download- Maybe I'll forget my promise and go watch more of Nana. I stopped when I caught up with what ShoujoBeat has printed but I think I'm going to continue just so I can know what's going to happen before it kills me!!!

About time Baby & Me left. I normally only go read that series when I'm really really bored. So on the first reading of SB I ignore it alltogether. XP

Can't wait for the new manga though! <3  

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

sKiTtLes aN0nYm0uS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:03 am
Lyoko_Alchemist
Im just really going to miss Nana, i think they should have replaced crimson hero instead, i really dont like that manga.

But im exited about the new meat...so im torn...............

I'm happy about the new stuff, too. I'm really not happy they're getting rid of Nana crying , but I used to read Crimson Hero. I used to buy the mangas, but they were being released to slow in English, so I stopped and just used the magazine. I think they have up to volume 5 out, but I think the magazine surpasses that...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:13 pm
im oing to miss nana soo much oh well off to the bookstore i'll go (to sit there a nd read them lol) i cant spend money on tht stuff ive got bills to pay and college too!!!  

ValHallaGirl

Kitten

12,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:29 am
I was actually excited with all this news. Because I'm already way ahead of the Nana manga being released in the manga, so even though I love that manga, it doesn't matter. When I've been reading it in the magazine I've just been re-reading it.

Also, Baby & Me will be relaced soon which I've wanted for a while! Yay!

And best of all...in August, the month of my birthday, there's going to be an Arina Tanemura One-Shot. I've probably read it already, but who cares? It's in the magazine during my Birthday month. *sigh* I just wish I could go to San Diego when Arina Tanemura is going to be at the Comic Con. My mom said I could if we miraculously win the lottery between then and now though. Gotta keep my fingers crossed. Yeah, this magazine just about made my heart stop with all the Arina news I got. All the other news was great too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:06 pm
I'm really feeling strange. I adore Nana more than any other Manga in the world, but I also love Honey Clover very much. But then again I prefer reading Manga right through without waiting a month for the next chapter. So I am having mixed feeling about this.  

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games