Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
How would you make this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:52 pm
Okay, here's the picture: http://www.bleachanime.org/wallpapers/albums/hitsugaya-toushirou-wallpapers/hitsugaya001.jpg (Yes, its from bleach and I probably should have used Kurosaki Ichigou, but I prefer Hitsugaya Toushirou cuz he's cute and I love him, lol)

Anyways, focus on the socks mainly..They're those odd toe sock thingys that geishas wear I think..How are they made? Can they be sewn?

But also, how would one make the rest of his outfit as well?  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:04 pm
They're called Tabi socks. I've seen a knit pattern in "Not just more socks"  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:14 pm
http://www.spunmag.com/article/050605socks

That pattern goes from the ankle down, but I don't think it would be too hard to modify it for a longer version. surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
I know this was posted forever ago, but I just happened to be looking over the post and had to throw my two cents in. Back a few years ago, I was dressing up like a geisha and I wanted some tabi socks. I didn't have very much time so I look a shortcut, BUT I think they ended up looking really good! I just took a pair of plain white socks. I put them on, took a pair of scissors and made a cut between the big toe and the second toe, down to where the web of my foot is (so I'd know how deep it needed to be), flipped the sock inside out, and sewed it up using regular old needle and thread. Done in no time!  

AuroraGoryAlice

4,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Daedalus Project

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:54 am
Kyoko the Red Butterfly
But also, how would one make the rest of his outfit as well?
I adapted my Bleach shinigami cosplay from Edo-period clothing patterns that I found online. If you have Microsoft Word, I can send you the directions via email.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:22 pm
For the Socks: I would but a few pairs of white socks that are a little big, or a lot big, and sew a V in them, it may take a couple tries to get it so it is comfortable. I had to do this for a japanese play I was in last year, unfortunately the socks were cheap and they didn't last long.

As for the robe, I would look into different japanese styled patterns, or maybe a modified cloak pattern for the white part, and for the black, see if you could find a pattern, maybe of an oversized tunic, and use some muslin if you have to make the sleeves your self. For hte pants part, look for some pants, maybe if there is a hammer time style pant pattern, then I would use it, but if you couldn't find something like that, then I would make them out of a pattern like pajama pants, just a lot bigger.

I would suggest most of this if anyother option wasn't available to you though.

Hope that helped.  

~Viva~Per~Amore~

rachel_wedgiegirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:13 am
ok what id do is buy a cheap pair of toe socks then dismantle them to see how theyre made  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:05 pm
Ok, thanks all. ^_^ *gives all who posted a cookie*  

Chibi Kiku-chan

AuroraGoryAlice

4,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:41 pm
Yay cookie! *nom nom nom*  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items