Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply ☆ Legion Of Charities ☆
donate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlckR0se

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:03 pm
plz donate.... im am not begging... wink wink wink wink wink wink mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:40 pm
*looks at the initial post, cocks an eyebrow, rubs his chin and finally decides to speak...*

I shall donate a small piece of knowledge to you, since it is so much more valuable than a pile of gold or some 6 or 7 million gold item that you can buy in the marketplace...

And that would be this... Generally, when you ask for people to donate anything to you, there should really be some set purpose, otherwise it is begging.

Just coming out and saying "gimmie stuff" is generally viewed as ignorant, at best, and at worst, annoying and/or rude. There are a lot of people on here that work fairly hard for what we have, and though we're willing to help out new users, we're hardly willing to do so to some pointless end.

I guess the point of all this rambling, quite simply, is this:

when you give money to the Red Cross, or the Salvation Army, you know the money is being allocated in a way that is helpful to those that the organization is aimed to aid. they tell you who the funds go to, what it's spent on, and all that fun stuff. Now, when approached by a homeless man asking for change, note, this is the type of person these charities are meant to help, most people aren't inclined to give them anything. In fact, they are generally annoyed by such behavior, and as such, ignore them, so as not to enable alcoholism or drug abuse by said parties.

Presentation is everything. you say "plz donate", I say "why?"

you tell me what you want or need, how much progress you've made to this point, and possibly make it worth my while, then I might consider it.  

dronze
Vice Captain

Anochaa
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:38 am
Mmmyeah. This is also in the wrong forum. It belongs in the Gold/Donations/Dream Avi/Wanted subforum and will be moved there shortly.

A PM will be sent to remind you as well.  
☆ Legion Of Charities ☆

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games