Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply ☆ Legion Of Charities ☆
A Different Kind Of Donation...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:03 pm
I'm currently trying to get an Ancient Katana, the last item on my dream avi list. However, I can't seem to get the gold for it. I've tried buying low and selling high on the Marketplace, but I don't like that much because many people price-gouge even common items and I don't like to sell for more than something's worth, as it's not fair to people who really need the items. I've also tried posting, but it seems that you can't turn much of a profit when the posting bonus goes down with each post. Now, I'm not looking for gold or handouts. I'm just looking for ideas as to what I should do. Any suggestions you may have would be appreciated. So...can ya help me out? Thanks again! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:30 pm
I sell things for about what they are worth and i also ask for donations and such...which you generally won't get because everyone needs it for their quests. I just sell items in my inventory, i find someone who wants stuff i don't need or never use and trade with them, sometimes what they don't want is worth something and you can use it...? Thats what i do and now i am getting a Gwee so YAY 3nodding  

BelleChoc

Exploratory Lunatic

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Shugotenshi the Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:36 pm
probably the best way i have found to make a lot of money relatively quickly is to buy sealed letters (from the gaia store with paypal) and then go to the gaia exchange, then to the Wanted subforum. there are a lot of people who are willing to buy sealed letters. usually for about 10k a piece.

yesterday i sold 7 June sealed letters for 11k a piece to one person. eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:32 am
aside from selling donation items, you can also buy tokens, play them in blackjack for an almost guaranteed return, and sell them for about 2-3g a piece... if you do this with buying tokens on the marketplace (as long as your smart about it), you can generally run a tidy profit.  

dronze
Vice Captain

☆ Legion Of Charities ☆

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces