Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
*shakes head and sighs*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have stories like this?
  Yes.
  No.
  GOLD.
View Results

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:52 am
I was at a friend's play, and in the hall, the cast had little blobs about their character in the play. So there was one 14-year-old, writing about "Blanch" (as opposed to Blanche). She started out: "im playing Blanch in the play," which really bothered me. "im" is totally... ugh... not capitalized, no apostrophe, just wrong.
(By the way, they wrote it out on lined paper. It wasn't typed, just handwritten.)

Any other stories like this?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:42 am
I don't know if my story is like that...>.<

It's about going to a market, and seeing they don't know their vegetables.

Is that 14-year-old in a hurry or something..o-o  

BlueBlythe

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:00 pm
What is the story? What happened?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:45 pm
When I was 14 we did a Christmas play that involved the shepherds getting busted by cops for some strange reason. We didn't want to make costumes so we used signs to indicate what we were. One of my classmates wrote SHEPARD and insisted that that was the correct spelling. He didn't want to believe me because apparently he was the native English speaker. He didn't say a word to me for a long time after he consulted the dictionary and saw how wrong he was.  

applecyder

Organic Shadows

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:42 pm
Ugh, that's annoying. Arrogant people are so full of themselves that they can't just see who's right, and when they do, and they're wrong, they ignore that person.

I heard another story of an adult (my mother's friend) who had a little playground that looked oped to the public, but was not. It was on their land. So they wanted to get a big, fancy-schmancy, carved-in-wood sign that stated the private property. Now, they are usually intelligent people who can spell. Not this time. They sent in the order for a sign that said, "Residence only!"

What has this world come to??  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:59 am
People are very strange these days. heart  

PinkFrenzie

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out