Of Course!
  No Way! Too much frill and lace!
View Results

bloodyjoker31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:38 am
i would totally love to wear a lolita dress! *nod nod*
ive got plans to make one but i havent started yet... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:47 am
One of my boyfriends once dressed me up Gothic Lolita style. It was strange but it looked good on me as I'm a very feminine, young-looking guy. I was always confused for a 6th grade girl when my hair was long.

I'm not sure if I like the clothes but I definitely like the "Lolita" hair style with all of the ribbons and whatnot.

Malakoi

RimiKisaragi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:50 pm
oh how I love g-loli n.n

I've been trying to add more to my collection of clothing but unfortunatly, it is very expencive so I have to add things myself....@-@

anyway, I added some lace to a dress I got at HotTopic and it turned out wonderfully!! n.n not to mention my dress was diffrent than the other 2 or 3 girls I saw with my dress at AX xd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:29 am
MortSanglant
the true essence of EGL is not only looking doll/child-like but also doing it yourself.

User Image

I have to disagree with you there.

Since the majority of the goth lolitas in The Bible look like they got their outfits right out of the many of identical stores in Harajuku that sell Goth Lolita clothing.

No matter what, once the industry catches on you see bastardized versons of whatever fashion subculture and a lot of the original creativity and uniqueness gives way to buying your uniqueness.

I think this article mentions the same sort of thing, I highly reccomend reading it if you like Goth Lolita.

http://morbidoutlook.com/fashion/articles/2002_07_gothiclolita.html

Cockroach Waltz

ElieWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:23 pm
I like goth loli. its done a lot in japan, no? but i have nothing to wear as its expensive and in my little hick town(it is but i still love it i guess) there is no where to get anything like it. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:44 am
Suigintou Sama
OverlordMMM
hmm......this discussion reminds me of one of my favorite mangas....Kamikaze Girls........also does anyone know of male versions of gothic lolita?...
The male version would be either called Aristocrat or Boyish and here is an example:
User Image
It's also called Dandy, and while that character dresses like a boy (Souseiseki), it's actually a girl. 3nodding  

SamuraiArren

Oni-taku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:30 pm
I do enjoy the EGL and AGL stiles, and the Japanese Gothic Loli is artistic and not just sex appeal. There are stiles for male and female and yes a friend is helping my avi look like Mana-sama From Mister Miser.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:50 am
Mana =/= gothic lolita
Mana = man in a short frilly dress/EGL
EGL =/= gothic lolita
EGL = Mana's brand of lolita

There's actually a number of non-Asian girls (and a few boys) who pull off the lolita style well - it's more about quality and coordination than your nationality.

I'm not too much into gothic lolita anymore... mostly because it's the most commonly butchered and overdone of all the lolita styles and it just got old fast. Imma sweet lolita, because pastels are fun~! And I feel prettier.  

xxxdeletemexxx

Quietly Losing Control

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:22 am
Mmmm, I love gothloli, but I can only dress that way about ....once a month...I don't very many gothloli clothings crying  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:24 am
Angelique le Gauthier
I not sure if you all know the difference between gothic lolita and western gothic clothing, but I just wanted to know if anyone here dresses as a gothic lolita (I do, but not everyday like I wish I could)

I do from time to time...  

Devils_lilboy

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:31 am
I love Gothic Lolita, but I don't look to good in it. I don't have the "cute" look for it. (Wish I did!) I do have a few simple Gothic Lolita shirts and a pair of pants, but nothing full on Lolita.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff