Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Do you think Avatar the Last Airbender is anime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is Avatar an anime?
  yes
  no
  maybe
  u dont care
View Results

minimutt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:01 pm
i'd consider it one i mean it is good to watch  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:41 am
I think "Avatar" is like like ameri-manga, only in anime form; It's got a lot of simialar qualities to actual anime that make its Japanese vs American "heritage" (for lack of better word) debatable.  

moroseconcept

Liberal Loiterer

okiedokoro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 pm
Either way, I'd have to think that the show is going downhill now that Aang has given up his love for Katara. Domo will eat Aang!!! domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:44 am
To be honest I haven't a clue! In one respect it looks Anime but on the other hand it is American...hmmm it's a tough one! I suppose I'd be inclined to say it isn't "proper" anime, but an Anime style cartoon.

Hmm it's a toughy!  

Charlie Chick1

Ayuka-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:22 am
    Some mistakes to what you think...

Shikamaru42
1. it was made in America by Americans

Avatar's animation is done in Korea but the storyline and plot is from America.

Shikamaru42
2. it does have a japanese version of it

No... Avatar is not truely considered Anime since it's not from Japan but it's still enjoyable.

Shikamaru42
3. it has a crappy toy and accessory line

wtf does that have to do with the point that if it's anime or not. Animes usually have figurines as to our american toys.

Avatar may be really close to anime but you can be easily confused. Though I am amazed that it's "Nick" that's producing it. It's the company that produced the half-assed Spongebob-Squarepants...
    The storyline and plot are really good just as most anime. I would recommend watching it in your spare time.

I stoped watching it like a long time ago... I only caught a few episodes and jumped into the recent. For some reason it feels that you can watch any episode and know what it is. :/

-edit- Rittxbey is right about the anime part =D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:00 am
Its really close in my opinion,if it ever gets added to adult swim it will be.  

LiveInThaskyE

Aerialite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:34 pm
I wouldn't say it's directly anime, but as it was said before, it has anime-like qualities.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff