Reply Newcomers
What weapons?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ahriman the Deceiver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:53 pm
What type of weapons does the sca use for their fighting? Boffers, Latex, wooden, blunt steel, what?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:37 am
Youth use boffer, adult heavy use rattan covered in duct tape (and a bit of padding on thrusting points), and fencers use blunt steel. at least... as far as I've observed.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Ahriman the Deceiver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:07 pm
LittleGreenGirl
Youth use boffer, adult heavy use rattan covered in duct tape (and a bit of padding on thrusting points), and fencers use blunt steel. at least... as far as I've observed.

Epic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:27 pm
What are the armor requirements for heavy armoured combat question  

Ahriman the Deceiver

CassiusD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:40 pm
Here is where the marshals handbook is, that will give you the weapon and armor guidelines we use. http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/armored/index.html  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:15 pm
perfect!  

Ahriman the Deceiver

Ahriman the Deceiver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:17 pm
i found nothing on this in that rulebook, so i ask, are wooden shields allowed, or just metal? What are the specifics for shield in the sca, thinkness/gauge question  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:52 am
Odo_The_Witchhunter
i found nothing on this in that rulebook, so i ask, are wooden shields allowed, or just metal? What are the specifics for shield in the sca, thinkness/gauge question

I have seen a few wooden shields but most people prefer metal shields because the wooden shields tend to crack from the fighting and also break more easily. If you wanted to use a wooden shield in combat you would first have to ask about the rules and regulations of the area you belong to.
the reason being is they might not allow the use of wooden shields due to the fact that they can splinter off and become a health hazard to your self and others.

pm me if you have any other questions and I will answer what I know.  

Prince Persona

Friendly Dabbler

4,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Mrsbruhaha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:43 am
Prince Persona
Odo_The_Witchhunter

I have seen a few wooden shields but most people prefer metal shields because the wooden shields tend to crack from the fighting and also break more easily. If you wanted to use a wooden shield in combat you would first have to ask about the rules and regulations of the area you belong to.
the reason being is they might not allow the use of wooden shields due to the fact that they can splinter off and become a health hazard to your self and others.

pm me if you have any other questions and I will answer what I know.

huh, i've seen more wooden shields than i have metal. geography playing a role in that?  
Newcomers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games