Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Sick of not having access to your guild funds?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__penguin__

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:26 pm
Click the button in my sig and sign the petition to give captains (and possibly jr captains) access to the guild funds. Doesn't it suck having 38427931 gold in there that no one can use on anything but subforums? :XP:  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:45 am
I heard they're rewriting the guild system.

But Vice Captains should NOT have access to funds, EVER.  

Quirinia

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:12 am
I will sign the petition and I disagree about vice captains not having access to the gold. It is for guild use, and the captain isn't always available to disperse the funds, like for contests. I think Captains and Vice Captains should be the only ones to have access, though. In this guild's case, one of the vice captains is the guild mule where we now store our gold for prizes, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:18 am
mamarita
I will sign the petition and I disagree about vice captains not having access to the gold. It is for guild use, and the captain isn't always available to disperse the funds, like for contests. I think Captains and Vice Captains should be the only ones to have access, though. In this guild's case, one of the vice captains is the guild mule where we now store our gold for prizes, etc.

I agree. I also signed the petition, and a Vice-Captain is a person loyalty to the guild and will help the guild in any condition. They also deserve the rights to access guild funds for other purposes if in the future they allow you to 3nodding  

T3h_Evil_King

Zef

Fluffy Trash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:32 am
i signed that alot time ago lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:25 am
The main problem is making sure that the gold goes toward the guild, instead of into the guild captain's pocket. This is what the old system insures, but due to the fact that we can really only use it for sub forums people are disgruntled. I'm not sure if I'd want the captains able to use those funds directly, but I do agree that the gold is really kind of pointless at the moment. sweatdrop  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

T3h_Evil_King

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:03 pm
MemoryDragon
The main problem is making sure that the gold goes toward the guild, instead of into the guild captain's pocket. This is what the old system insures, but due to the fact that we can really only use it for sub forums people are disgruntled. I'm not sure if I'd want the captains able to use those funds directly, but I do agree that the gold is really kind of pointless at the moment. sweatdrop

I have maybe 17,000+ gold in my guild, and I am sure I won't buy any sub-forums anymore gonk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:06 pm
T3h_Evil_King
MemoryDragon

I have maybe 17,000+ gold in my guild, and I am sure I won't buy any sub-forums anymore gonk
We have over around 15!I singed that petition,i hope the mods see it.  

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

__penguin__

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:49 pm
MemoryDragon

Personally I wouldn't mind if the guild leader put it in his or her pocket. I mean, he/she did pay 20k just for the guild to exist, didn't he/she? Guild leaders deserve some monetary compensation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:51 pm
Actually, you are correct, it is the captain who basically owns a guild, but here, it would be different because the captain didn't buy the guild.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Zef

Fluffy Trash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:56 pm
mamarita
Actually, you are correct, it is the captain who basically owns a guild, but here, it would be different because the captain didn't buy the guild.
hey..yea it is! eek rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:09 pm
Well, if you don't like the guild owner's intentions or if you don't trust him/her, you could always, y'know, not join or donate to the guild. eek  

__penguin__

T3h_Evil_King

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:55 am
mamarita

True, the captain here did not buy the guild. 3nodding  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff