Thoughts On Recomending a Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:55 am
Well, it seems that gaia has come up with something other than their own preferances for how to choose which guilds end up spotlighted, however I wonder if this shall go the way of the thread "Thumbs Up" and "thumbs down".

Let me elaborate a little bit. When the top rated thread list first came out it seemed to mostly be comprised of threads about bumping and generally less than well thought out topics. Giveaways were also frequently rated highly because... lets face it everyone likes to recieve a gift now and then. I wonder if the guilds will be subject to the same whims of "what can I get out of this guild" and have only guilds that give gold, or poll guilds end up being spotlighted since some of the human element of evaluation is going to be removed from the equation.

I'm curious how other people feel, or is this just another feature added to gaia that is going to not really be used, so much as just exist. Does this feel like a feature that was put together so people coudn't complain about the lack of updates, or do you feel this is a viable and useful addition to gaia?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:08 pm
I would never have noticed that feature had you not mentioned it.

I must say, it is not that great of an option. For places like MPL, they will all click that button to keep them self up on top. It's rather simple to defeat that tool's true purpose.

In my opinion, I give the rating tool a "Thumbs' Down"  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Scathach789

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:03 am
All I know is I've only recommended this guild thusfar, but probably that will happen, and all the cheap people who want things will reccomend guilds that satisfy their selfish desires.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:38 pm
Well this be my only recommended guild, so, maybe the selfish thing isn't a problem to some. Or for some... Were some... Erm... I like cheese...?

((sorry confused myself in there somewhere.....))  

Snows Wyntre

Morrighu

Distrustful Kitten

6,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:13 pm
I do think that it isn't that great of an idea, but a friend recomneded mine and then my sister tried to and it said that the Guild had already been recomended and that it could not be done again. So I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish with that feature.

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games