Reply The Fanime Con Guild
Bands for 2008

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

S.N.T.Mickey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:45 am

Okay. I really just want support on the two bands I really want to come.

User ImageAntikku Cafe [aka : AnCafe/Antic Cafe/Antique Cafe/Red Cafe]
User ImageSKIN

I mean, seriously. Antikku Cafe is my favorite band ever. They came to the US this month to A-kon, but I couldn't get a ticket to see them. They were so close [Dallas, Texas], yet unreachable.
And as for SKIN... They have Gackt, Miyavi, Sugizo, and Yoshiki. They're the SUPER GROUP. I'd totally love for them to come to Fanime. And they're coming to the US this month, too. They will be at Anime Expo, and yet, it's six and a half hours away from where I live, and again, I cannot see them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:32 am
S.N.T.Mickey

And as for SKIN... They have Gackt, Miyavi, Sugizo, and Yoshiki. They're the SUPER GROUP. I'd totally love for them to come to Fanime. And they're coming to the US this month, too. They will be at Anime Expo, and yet, it's six and a half hours away from where I live, and again, I cannot see them.

Sadly, I really doubt Fanime has the budget or even the pull to EVER get a venue as impressive as this.
Also keep in mind that SKIN was announced just last year and that Anime Expo is actually it's opening venue.
That, and Anime Expo is industry run, while Fanime is fan run... meaning the industry can GET a band like that with few problems, where as Fanime doesn't have the capabilities to get them.  

Quinlynn

Loveless100

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:44 pm
Quinlynn
S.N.T.Mickey

Sadly, I really doubt Fanime has the budget or even the pull to EVER get a venue as impressive as this.
Also keep in mind that SKIN was announced just last year and that Anime Expo is actually it's opening venue.
That, and Anime Expo is industry run, while Fanime is fan run... meaning the industry can GET a band like that with few problems, where as Fanime doesn't have the capabilities to get them.

*sigh* I love this world.... crying It would be cool though. An Cafe would be cool.

But I choose any of the Johnny's Groups! (yeah right...) and maybe Kimeru. XD Kime is love~  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:54 am
omg omg omg~
aweshum bands always go to anime expo.
awwwiez. sad
why can't they come to fanime?

[EndlessLove]

Kazuma_uzumaki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:01 pm
i would really like to see orange range or asian kung fu generation... but yeah...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:06 am
BOU IS DEAD and srry but Yuki doesn't fit. D:

...just saying.

GET ALI PROJECT.

p a r f a i t

Aelia TKC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:59 pm
Saying Fanime doesn't have the capabilities isn't quite accurate. We do. It just takes a lot more work.

Also, we're getting really good reviews from Bands because our liasons are very good. We treat them well. So the word spreads. We're gaining a better reputation over time, and it's helping.

So... keep hoping and dreaming, but it'll be a few more years at least before we get big big names.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:27 pm
rosefaerie314
Saying Fanime doesn't have the capabilities isn't quite accurate. We do. It just takes a lot more work.

Also, we're getting really good reviews from Bands because our liasons are very good. We treat them well. So the word spreads. We're gaining a better reputation over time, and it's helping.

So... keep hoping and dreaming, but it'll be a few more years at least before we get big big names.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification!

^_^ Man, i can't wait to hear the groups this year!  

Loveless100

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

X_sHinJitA_X

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:10 pm
~ | | Y O ! | | ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BIG NEWS ! ! ! Mina-san!

BANDS of 2008 for FANIME CON!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Cafe will mostly like be there for sure, as stated in there official site on the Live Tour section.

Can be found @ http://www.ancafe-web.com/

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:

< アメリカでニャッピー0(≧∀≦)0>
05/25 Fanime Con 2008/San Jose,California (アメリカ)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ |S|H|I|N|T|A| ~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:57 pm
I wonder if we'll see An Cafe groupies... rofl  

Mr. Wendell
Crew

Tetrakin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:26 pm
My girlfriend is so excited  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:24 am
There's a rumor that LYV(ライヴ) and Thee Out Mods are going to be at MusicFest this year...  

aureenc

Loveless100

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:08 am
Shi_Musouka
There's a rumor that LYV(ライヴ) and Thee Out Mods are going to be at MusicFest this year...

Yeah, it said so on LYV(ライヴ)'s myspace, but it hasn't been confirmed on the Music Fest page yet, so I can't say for sure. But it's probably true.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:58 pm
Yeah, Tony mentioned that we're supposed to have 4 local bands scheduled for Friday(it's in the MusicFest schedule). Like I said, it's either a rumor or MusicFest staff hasn't been able to get to it.

I think it's really difficult for them to get to updating info on the other bands, because he and jemz had to deal with a bunch of j-rock/VK fangirl drama in addition to confirming the programming for An Cafe ASAP. It's understandable that people want to know what's going on now because they're spending hundreds of dollars to go there, but I don't think pestering the staff will speed it up.

I guess I just feel bad for the horribly overworked Musicfest staff is all. Then again, welome to con management. lol.  

aureenc

The Fanime Con Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff