Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
About the Contests ((Opinions Needed))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you want the winners to be decided?
  Voting
  Judges
View Results

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:43 pm
I've noticed that voting for the May contest is moving horribly slow. And I worry that having a vote like that means that not every video gets watched before someone votes. I know that there are people that just look for the show they like or the concept they think is best without bother to watch....

So, I'm just wondering what you guys would prefer.

If we got Judges they would not be allowed to enter. I was hoping that they would be in the guild but right now I don't think we have enough active members for it. I feel that it might be a bit more fair.... Or we could outsource voting to somewhere...maybe some people on the org or something...

I don't know really though. These are my ideas. I'd like to hear yours! Discuss whatever you think about both/either idea(s).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:27 pm
I think it's a good idea. Let everyone know exactly what the judges are looking for and whatnot...but like you said, I think it would give every contestant their chance to be heard, and not judged only on what song and/or anime they use....anyway yeah...it's got my vote. biggrin  

popsuckle

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:05 pm
:3 Thank you~ ^^ I've been hoping to get some other people's opinions in here...><

I was planning on sending a PM out to our other guild members to get it more active in here. I'll see how many are interested in being judges.

For the judges I'm thinking 3 for the beginning and if we need to add more there. I'd like to make it blind still ((completely blind this time)). And maybe even have the judges be blind to the contestants --to keep it fair ((no bribes or anything))

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:44 am
If you think about it, voters= the judges. they can be biased and vote for themselves or friends, or not vote on a really got video. I thing the mods should pick Judges that have not entered the contest to vote.  

Jisaku Jiens

The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff