Hanging out at the mall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:37 am
Shikkyaku Tenshi
How many of you have actually dressed as goth as possible like I mean almost to the point of over kill and just hung out in a store at the mall for no reason. This weekend i happened to do that I put my black trench on my bad a** boots that I traded my soul for and black lipstick white foundation and black nail polish. So I went in to Hollister and the guy at the counter couldn't take his eyes off me. after about 10 minutes of browsing the store and laughing to myself about all the people looking at me like I'm about to blow the place up...He kicks me out. He says I was loitering and causing a public disturbence So I complyed walked out and laughed my butt off. Have any of you done something similar?

I think they had no right to kick you out because you were doing nothing wrong and all that loitering and public disturbance stuff is just stupid.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:30 pm
I must say, I do dress up whenever I go out (purple lipstick is my trademark), but really it doesn't matter if I'm going out walking or to the mall. I hate it when people go way, way over the top, even for gothic attire. I mean, they are begging for attention. Black lipstick, studd. access., eyeliner, platforms, I can live with. But if someone was dressed full-out cybergoth, full-out-expensive victorian goth, or just (the most annoying) halloween goth (white make up and cheap clothes), that is really really really rather aweful, atleast just for a plain day out.  

Angel of the End

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:31 pm
THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD
The reason why people won't service you is because running around acting like you're hot s**t in the mall because of your Tripp pants and trench coat and purposely presenting yourself for no other reason than to be oggled at by normal shoppers isn't what malls were created for.
I find it ridiculous to try to 'scare' people because you wear black and heavy make up.
I go to malls to shop, though only at few select stores.
[Hot Topic NOT included.]
One thing I do hate though is when I get treated poorly because I also look 'different' from the norm and it's all because of the bad rep most "mall goths" give.
That's why I'm treating this subject so harshly, it really annoys me.

I agree.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:33 pm
Angel of the End
I must say, I do dress up whenever I go out (purple lipstick is my trademark), but really it doesn't matter if I'm going out walking or to the mall. I hate it when people go way, way over the top, even for gothic attire. I mean, they are begging for attention. Black lipstick, studd. access., eyeliner, platforms, I can live with. But if someone was dressed full-out cybergoth, full-out-expensive victorian goth, or just (the most annoying) halloween goth (white make up and cheap clothes), that is really really really rather aweful, atleast just for a plain day out.

Well there is no such thing as inexpensive Victorian Goth hehe.  

Shadowed Intent

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:20 pm
Point taken.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:53 pm
THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD
The reason why people won't service you is because running around acting like you're hot s**t in the mall because of your Tripp pants and trench coat and purposely presenting yourself for no other reason than to be oggled at by normal shoppers isn't what malls were created for.
I find it ridiculous to try to 'scare' people because you wear black and heavy make up.
I go to malls to shop, though only at few select stores.
[Hot Topic NOT included.]
One thing I do hate though is when I get treated poorly because I also look 'different' from the norm and it's all because of the bad rep most "mall goths" give.
That's why I'm treating this subject so harshly, it really annoys me.

I'd just like to state that:

-I never got kicked out
-I was doing it for my friend's benefit.

And he liked the shirt. XD

I haven't been to the mall in forever. There's hardly anything there I want anymore.

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items