Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Silver's Recycled Yarn Project Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold for you.
  Whee!
View Results

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:34 pm
Silver Sunrise
AriRashkae
Pretty!

My stitch markers on my current WIP make my husband laugh. One is one of the beaded ones I make, the other is the keys from a set of handcuffs. ninja
handcuff keys would make me laugh too! whee What do you use to make stitch markers with?

Split rings, beads and wire. I tuck the end of the wire back onto the beads so it won't catch the yarn, and super glue a small bead for the split in the ring. Really pretty. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:11 pm
Brunette_Star
Hey, that yarn's pretty!

It is very pretty. It's a nice color of red, but in the right light it has a hint of purple to it. whee it's not the nicest to work with, kinda bugs my fingers, but the stuff that's been worked up is dreamy. heart

ForestGreen
That's nice looking yarn. I loved seeing my recycled sweater all balled up like that too, it looked like so much yarn that way.

It does look like a lot of yarn. the the ball for one of the body panels is only slightly bigger than the ones for the arms. xd that tells me there was alot of yarn in the arms. xd

AriRashkae
Silver Sunrise
AriRashkae
Pretty!

My stitch markers on my current WIP make my husband laugh. One is one of the beaded ones I make, the other is the keys from a set of handcuffs. ninja
handcuff keys would make me laugh too! whee What do you use to make stitch markers with?

Split rings, beads and wire. I tuck the end of the wire back onto the beads so it won't catch the yarn, and super glue a small bead for the split in the ring. Really pretty. 3nodding
Ooo They sound pretty! Do you have any pictures? I wanna see whee  

Silver Sunrise

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:42 pm
I only have 2 made, since that's al I need right now. But as soon as we find the charger for the camera battery (or I break down and use my phone) I'll post.

I'm thinking of making sets of 4 and selling for $1.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:09 pm
AriRashkae
I only have 2 made, since that's al I need right now. But as soon as we find the charger for the camera battery (or I break down and use my phone) I'll post.

I'm thinking of making sets of 4 and selling for $1.
That sounds reasonable. (did I spell that right?) I mean the cheapo plastic ones that break after one use (well mine did) are 10 for $1 (I broke all ten in one sitting gonk ) >_> I'd pay $1 for four pretty ones that are more durable. *nods*  

Silver Sunrise

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:07 am
VERY pretty yarn. ^^ It'll make an interesting tank top.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:42 am
Silver Mist
VERY pretty yarn. ^^ It'll make an interesting tank top.
It is really pretty. >_> I need to get back to working on it. it's been sitting around going "Hey Lady! Knit me! xd " and I've been to busy with the other four projects I need to finish. xd 1 baby blanket for my daughter that's been hanging around for over a month unfinished and baby girl keeps trying to take it off the needles, xd 1 "lover's knot" scarf for myself, 1 bunny plushie for my youngest neice for her birthday. and 1 sea turtle for my youngest nephew for his birthday. And with no pattern for that last on I'll be winging it. gonk Well hopefully I'll be able to get my other projects done this weekend and get back to my tank top. xd  

Silver Sunrise

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:12 pm
Thats alot of work for one weekend! Good luck. ^^ My weekend is consumed with friends and family.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff