jewlery making
  2 or more of the above
  other
View Results

magicheide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:51 am
littlegreengirl
magicheide
In a small saucepan heat 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water and 1/4 cup flavored fruit vinegar to rolling boil. Pour just enough into each jar to come to 1/2 inch from top.
Increase liquid if needed, but usually if peaches are big and stuffed in with spices, each jar will not take much liquid.

would apple cider vinegar work?

sounds sooo yummy... i'm going to have to try sometime.

Yes, any fruit based vinegar will ---white vinegar if you are desperate! But Wine and other grain vinegars sour the fruit too much. You want them to taste pickled not putrid!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:10 pm
magicheide

Yes, any fruit based vinegar will ---white vinegar if you are desperate! But Wine and other grain vinegars sour the fruit too much. You want them to taste pickled not putrid!

great, i'm trying it out this weekend, i'll post how it goes afterwards!  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

xxDethWishxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:01 pm
After seeing all the really neat tents last week I am really geared up to do one of my own. I found out what kind of canvas I would need and I already have access to a sewing machine that can handle leather so that shouldn't be a big deal. My dad can help with the poles and I should be set. I just haven't figured out what design I want to do. I wan't to keep it simple but not too simple you know.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:10 pm
xxDethWishxx
After seeing all the really neat tents last week I am really geared up to do one of my own. I found out what kind of canvas I would need and I already have access to a sewing machine that can handle leather so that shouldn't be a big deal. My dad can help with the poles and I should be set. I just haven't figured out what design I want to do. I wan't to keep it simple but not too simple you know.

Awesome! Keep us updated on your progress-I'd love to make a period-style tent sometime.  

Arithrel
Crew

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:19 pm
Arithrel
xxDethWishxx

Awesome! Keep us updated on your progress-I'd love to make a period-style tent sometime.

yeah, totally! along with approx. cost of materials and how to weather treat it would be great... that would be really neat to try out sometime!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:19 am
I just found a website that has cross stitch/needlepoint patterns for a bunch of the kingdoms (it's not up to date, unfortunately) and most of the baronies and shires of both the Middle Kingdom and Northshield. woohoo!!!
- it also has patterns for officer symbols and awards!

http://www2.kumc.edu/itc/staff/rknight/Embroid.htm

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:14 pm
littlegreengirl
I just found a website that has cross stitch/needlepoint patterns for a bunch of the kingdoms (it's not up to date, unfortunately) and most of the baronies and shires of both the Middle Kingdom and Northshield. woohoo!!!
- it also has patterns for officer symbols and awards!

http://www2.kumc.edu/itc/staff/rknight/Embroid.htm
Awesome!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:06 pm
wooohooo!!! i'm sooo excited, i've finally got my sewing machine up at school with me! i've now been able to work on favors for my household and even some new garb. mrgreen
here's a completed favor! (the buttons are a little uneven, but i'll fix that in a minute...)
User Image

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Argentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:52 pm
Heh, since I'm the only person to mark "other"...

I'm working on a box full of origami toys. It's for a competition next January. I'm also making a couple families of swans.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:59 am
For non-garb projects, I have an embroidered cushion top that I've been pecking away at for the last several months (yipe, closer to a year now). It's silk on linen, in brick stitch, the pattern based on the 14th c German brick-stitch pieces discussed in the Compleat Anachronist issue "A Stitch Out of Time". I'll see if I have a picture of the embroidery kicking around somewhere...  

Nerienda

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:46 am
I haven't really done any yet. But I've had my mask entered in an A&S comp. for me (I wasn't going to enter it, but someone picked it up while I was grabbing food, and entered it for me XD) Came in second - apperantly I only lost because the other mask (my friend's) was more comfortable! rofl

But I've seen some really cool entries. My friend has entered a sattle, another friend entered her pregnant belly! rofl (Research on Medieval child bearing and what not). Some wuite interesting ones 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:01 am
Well I'm about to move to the Uk and begin more 15th C stuff than the usual Viking Age stuff I'm doing so my current projects are:

Clothing: 15th C shirt
Leather: 15th C arm bracer
Other: 1 dozen fletched and bound shafts for a 90lb ash longbow, 1 doz blunts and 1 doz target arrows for a 60lb ash longbow.  

Roetroc

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:03 am
I'm currently working on a reproduction of two panels from the Bayeux Tapestry. It's my first foray into embroidery of that style using period materials and so far I'm very pleased with it.

I also do Celtic embroidery and have managed to decorate about seven dresses and a few shirts in that style. You can find some pictures of my embroidery at: http://www.tangledmoon.org/Embroid1.htm

I also make cordials, do a bit of tablet weaving, do hand spinning, make my own garb, and occasionally do bardic performances.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:52 pm
I'm in the middle of doing the calligraphy for an Award of Arms scroll, my first SCA calligraphy project. I'd never worked on pergamenata before. It's very different from paper. I also had to relearn some capitals that I hadn't used before, like the X. I'm really excited about this project, as I know the woman the scroll is for.

I also just started the steps for making a cotehardie for my lord. I started making his body block yesterday. I'll probably end up doing an entire outfit, doublet, hose, cotehardie and all, since I have "The Medieval Tailor's Assistant". Buttonholes. *dies*

My last project was a parti-color wool dress for myself in dark red and caramel. It's technically a cotehardie, I guess, since it buttons up the front. At any rate, I love it.  

Kiria Delusional Kitty

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces