Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Spirit guide being "tricky".

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[BlkCat]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:08 pm
I can't ask her directly (and I've found this to be the same with Bast, which doesn't surprise me) because she will rarely give me an answer, and when she does it's not serious, it's because she wants me to find out for myself instead of her just telling me everything, which I can respect completely. My question is, does anybody know anything about the name Pero? (Not Perro, which is spanish for "dog")

I'd like to know more about her, but she wont tell me anything detailed, just that she knew me preincarnation(yes I did just invent a word, it means before I was incarnated into a physical body).

I've only found two things so far:

pero (per-a'a)
name for the palaces or royal residences of the kings. It meant "great house" and designated not only the royal residence bu also the official governemtn buildigns in the palace complexes. Such centers were called teh "Double House" or the "House of Gold and the House of Silver." In the reign of Tuthmosis III of the 18th dynasty the term began to refer to the king himself.

In Greek mythology, Pero was a daughter of Neleus and Chloris, and the wife of Bias. Her sons included Areius, Leodocus and Talaus.

The story of Pero is mentioned in Book XI of Homer's Odyssey. Pero's beauty attracted many suitors, but Neleus, her father, refused to give his daughter to any man unless he could raid the cattle of Iphicles from Phylace.

But obviously both of those are dead ends.

Any help?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:59 pm
Why would you say these are obviously dead ends? They don't strike me as dead ends, necesarily. There's definately something to persue in both of them.

Use caution when reading into a simple name though. What we research that a name references does not have to have anything at all to do with the otherworld a spirit comes from. It's best if you can get the information straight from them since there isn't a guarenteed continuity between what a word means to our world and another world.  

Starlock
Crew

[BlkCat]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:11 pm
Starlock
Why would you say these are obviously dead ends? They don't strike me as dead ends, necesarily. There's definately something to persue in both of them.

Use caution when reading into a simple name though. What we research that a name references does not have to have anything at all to do with the otherworld a spirit comes from. It's best if you can get the information straight from them since there isn't a guarenteed continuity between what a word means to our world and another world.

Well, I know shes not a palace, and I know shes not a greek goddess lol. As for getting the information from her directly, that's the hard part.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:49 pm
[BlkCat]
Starlock

Well, I know shes not a palace, and I know shes not a greek goddess lol. As for getting the information from her directly, that's the hard part.

You might be looking at it too literally. What might this place say about her? What might this goddess reveal about her, even though that is probably not who she is?  

Starlock
Crew

[BlkCat]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:23 pm
Starlock
[BlkCat]
Starlock

You might be looking at it too literally. What might this place say about her? What might this goddess reveal about her, even though that is probably not who she is?

Wow, didn't even think about it that way, very good idea ^_^. Thank you.  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games