Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Weird Rune Mark (Subject edited for clarity)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SonarP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:46 pm
Hey, it's me. SonarP. I know I haven't really been here in a long time. I was working on school work, and I'm now a grad looking for a job. ^^;

Anyway, something odd happened to me about a week ago. I got this wierd mark on my wrist. It was an L-shape. I asked a friend about it, and she said it was Laguz, a water rune. I looked into a bit more...but I'm not Norse or anything of the sort! It was fading in and out one day as well! It came around the full moon, too. And what makes it odd is that not only is the rune backwards, but it's....: I got a picture of it. With it, I've had an increase of water dreams...one of them as a bit threatening.

It's disappeared now, though..  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:31 pm
It's best to never rule out coincidence as the first possible explaination for odd occurances.

#1: The marking could have been a scrape, easily seen vein, or any number of things. The fact that it wasn't as visible some days and eventually disappeared seems to point to a scratch of some sort. People get scratched and don't know it more than you might think. You could have done it in your sleep and suddenly realized it at some point in your day.

#2: The fact that your friend's first assumption was a rune says that she was looking for one. When people see an "L", the first and most obvious assumption would be that it would stand for something starting with "L" in the English language.

#3: Dreams are controllable to an extent. The more you focus on the significance of the mark, the more power you give it and the more heavily it will weight on your sunconscious mind, thus making your dreams take shape differently than normal.

Sorry, but Occam's Razor is the way to go with things like these, in my humble opinion.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Twack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:25 pm
I have to agree with Atma, beacause the letter "L" and Lagurz look diffrent, we'd consider Lagurz to look like a bent upsidedown "L". Maybe it was her angel

And his vein idea makes sence, when you're more hydrated, hehe water, the more your veins will show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:27 am
Yet isn't it often said, to those who walk the Path, that there is no such thing as cooincidence? wink  

Starlock
Crew

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:58 am
Starlock
Yet isn't it often said, to those who walk the Path, that there is no such thing as cooincidence? wink

Should I be sad that I've never heard that saying sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:12 pm
Atma311
Starlock

Should I be sad that I've never heard that saying sweatdrop

No, but it is a pretty common thing that I see for those who work with or believe in the magical arts that there is no cooincidence. It's also common in Neopaganism since there's a general belief in interconnectedness. If everything is interconnected, there is no true cooincidence. In other words, co-incidence of events is not merely temporal, but reaches out to many other things. It's not like it's a rule though. It's more a way to find meaningfulness in things that the skeptic will ordinarily do a knee-jerk dismissal of.  

Starlock
Crew

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:39 pm
The LAW OF SYNCHRONICITY
Two or more events happening at the same time are likely to have more in common than the merely temporal. Very few events ever happen in isolation from other events. There is no such thing as a mere coincidence.

^_^ You mean this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:34 pm
: Hm...I'm not sure what exactly synchroncity or coincidences would have to do in this case. I called her over the phone and told her what it looked like to me, so she went and got her rune book.  

SonarP

Nomad of Nowhere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:14 pm
Laguz is associated with premonitions and forsight as well as water. Sure, it could very well be nothing, but it is a significant rune, and one associated with the moon as well...

http://home.earthlink.net/~jordsvin/Runes/Rune Of The Month/Rune 21 - Laguz.htm  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games