Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Post pictures of your editing rig

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:03 am
Wouldn't it be fun to go an post images of all our our editing machines?
And take a shot in action! Show us how you work, and what kind of nerdy computer(s) you use!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:09 am
No one has an editing rig apparently!

Mwahahaha

>w<

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

MalXII

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:25 am
At least I don't have a digital camera /:

And my editing rig is like, anti-nerdly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:49 pm
MalXII

And my editing rig is like, anti-nerdly.

*gasp* BLASPHEMY!  

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:42 pm
I do my animation and my editing on one of those mac minis... height of geeky techology I know. Not really what I would call a rig. I use iMoive for editing other people's footage, for gods' sakes...
At least according to mac, that is not geeky.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:21 am
Mac Minis are awsome! I am an uber-nerd for Mini-ITX machines. I built one myself that is just about the same width/length as the mini, but I had to make mine taller to fit the capture card. Really not a bad computer at all, mac minis are a standard socket 479 Intel and use DDR2 so there's PLENTY of room to upgrade. Find yourself a copy of FinalCut Express, MUCH better program, and can be had for under $200. Or go to a mac store just as new versions come in, you get an UBER discount on new software.  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:24 pm
Finally I was able to find some pics of the original build of my primary editing machine! 4laugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And here go the stats:
Intel Core2 duo T7600
Aopen i945 GTt-VFA Mini-ITX
2x 1GB Corsair "Value Select" DDR 667 SODIMM
Panasonic UJ-210 BD-RE (Blu-ray burner)
Seagate 100GB 7200rpm 2.5" SATA HDD (since I have added a 2nd)
Asus 802.11 a/b/g Mini-PCI
Motorola PC850 Bluetooth dongle
Avid "Breakout Box" USB HD capture card

The case:
Custom, hand crafted acrylic plastic 7" x 7" x 3"
Supported and held together by a simple 4-bolt (ITX standard) assembly for easy access.
The power button a last minute addition. The original buttons was a 1/4" round reset button from an old AT case, but due to a last minute button failure, just 5 hours prior to dead-line (he he ) I had to improvise with a cheep Walmart [Who else is open at 3am?] 12V DC button. Since I have included a 20mm round opening for the inclusion a Bulgin LED push button Power switch.
Also the hand crafted case was nice, but not as precise as I would have wished. Since then I have designed a metric CAD, and had my case laser cut for perfection and ergonomics. I also added 1/4" to the over all height for added cooling and cabling arrangement.
Also the single 50mm fan has been since replaced by 2 60mm fans for increased cooling, with ventilation on the left-hand side for linear flow.

Add ons:
In the photo you see a Keyboard and headphones.
The keyboard is a flexible USB unit purchased as a backup. Originally I had tried to acquire an optical "virtual" Keyboard from Virtual Devices. But much to my dismay, they were not interested in my business or time line.
The headphones you see are [were at the time] the latest BT stereo headphones from Motorola, model HT820.
Also included, but not pictured, is a wireless trackball/remote by Targus.  
The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games