Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Pwned by Pomatous socks :(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Help?
  I'm as confused as you...
  I've already knitted those socks, this is what you do...
  I think I've got an idea...
  Here I come to save the daaaaaay!
View Results

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:16 am
I've decided to try to knit Knittys Pomatous socks since I got some suitable yarn this Christmas. I've got the whole summer ahead of me... (I see a lot of frustration in my future since I've never knitted with yarn as thin as this before)

I have only started trying out different needle combinations to get gauge, no knitting yet even if I've tried to look at the pattern and charts. It looks like a challenge smile

One thing confuses me:

"Sl 2. Place two slipped stitches back on left needle. K3 tog tbl."

What? Am I supposed to slip 2 stitches, slip them back and then knit them together with another stitck? Why not just K3 tog tbl?

Any wiser knitters than me out there? Help?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:17 pm
Hmmm. Tha's got me a bit too. Maybe it's to loosen up the stitch. I'd say contact the pattern author and ask if you should slip knitwise or purlwise. That might make a difference  

AriRashkae

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:44 am
After sleeping on it, I realized something. If you slip the stitches knitwise, and then slip them back and K3tog, you'll twist those 2 stitches and tighten things up. Maybe you'll need that at that point of the pattern.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:41 pm
AriRashkae
After sleeping on it, I realized something. If you slip the stitches knitwise, and then slip them back and K3tog, you'll twist those 2 stitches and tighten things up. Maybe you'll need that at that point of the pattern.
Almost correct. You slip 2 stitches knitwise, put them back on the left needle, then knit 3 together through the back loops.

Normally when you knit, you put the needle through the front. With this stitch, you knit through the back. 3nodding

Edit: tbl = through back loop(s)

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:58 pm
Whoops! I knew it was tbl, but I forgot to type it. My bad. redface  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:56 pm
*nods* twisted stitches are used through the whole pattern. I guess I'll see if it makes sense when I get there. I need to find a better yarn than the one I used to try it out. Pattern + self striping = meh...  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:51 am
I'm toying with getting some self-striping and knitting my dad a pair of socks for Xmas. It's have to be a simple pattern though, or he's not likely to wear them.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games