Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Refurbishing... Shoes?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Termisu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:57 pm
So recently bought a pair of shoes... they are like ye olde shoes, and they are rather torn up. They are made of Leather and what I think may be suede.

They smell rather bad, its like feet and smoke...
One of the inner soles is coming up....
They have mud on one oth the heels...
and they are just kinda dirty.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to clean them up? So I can take care of the leather and such, also the inner sole... would it be possible to super glue it back in?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:00 pm
Heres a picture of the shoes:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

aren't they lovely? rolleyes  

Termisu

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:01 pm
Is it possible to rip the sole out and put in one of those gel-sole things? (Or something of the sort)

...Just a suggestion. I really have no knowledge of shoe-mending or anything like that. x____x;;

edit: Ohhh, mebbe not. o__o;  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:02 pm
KotokoPlum
Is it possible to rip the sole out and put in one of those gel-sole things? (Or something of the sort)

...Just a suggestion. I really have no knowledge of shoe-mending or anything like that. x____x;;

edit: Ohhh, mebbe not. o__o;
Eh I dont think it is bad enough to rip it out and such... but yeah.  

Termisu

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:13 pm
Go buy some saddle soap and a suede cleaning kit. Use a soft brush or cloth to get the loose dirt off of the shoes then use the saddle soap on the leather parts only, it will clean and condition the leather. Use the suede cleaning kit on the suede parts. The kit I got had a brush and an eraser in it. Rubber cement might work on the insole, or a thin layer of Shoe Goo. I think super glue would dry too fast to work well for that. I always put extra insoles in my shoes to make them more comfortable to wear. As for the smell, you can try some odor eaters, or stick a small baggie of baking soda in each shoe, leaving the top of the baggie open, for about a week or so and see what that does.
Those are great boots!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:19 am
If the damage to the sole is minor, you might be able to fix it yourself, but it probably wouldn't last. I'd try to find a good shoe repair place. I have no idea what that would cost though, so ask for an estimate first.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff