Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
odd crafting tools Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mmmm gold
  if only I could buy yarn with gold....
View Results

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:39 pm
Blue-eyes-green
It's not exactly a crafting tool, but for crafting odd places, I've memorized the approximate proportions of my hand over the years. My thumb is just about 3" from the tip to the first knuckle, and my hand is almost exactly 7 1/2" from the tip of my middle finger to the heel of my palm.

I still measure before doing anything drastic, but it helps me know if I should put away a sweater sleeve before I have to unknit 3 inches or give it to an orangutan.

Oh, and I've found myself doing the ever popular knitting with chopsticks when bored.

As a desinger who has memorised the average size of most womens hands- may I ask if you're tall? Because you have rather large hands. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:19 pm
I haven't really used odd objects for crafting, but I have used crafting items for odd tasks. I have used knitting needles to put my hair up. And we have used all of my sister's dress maniqueins to corral a little girl who was afraid of them, but she isn't anymore.  

~Viva~Per~Amore~

The Star is Vain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:34 am
I wanted to make a thicker-than-the-yarn-I-had, braid-ish string for something and thought of a chain in crocheting (which I can do, but nothing else remotely crochet-y xp ) and I didn't have my crochet hook...so I used a knitting needle and just dragged the yarn over the tip. It took a while but it worked.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff