Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
The Game Won't Load! *sobbing*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blablablacat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:57 pm
I am soooooo bummed. My sims game isn't loading. It keeps crashing while loading the game. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEND! I really don't want to uninstall it. I put a ton of hard work into my families. I have enough memory on my computer (I have a mac by the way). In fact, I have been playing it a lot for the past few days and it has been working fine. I even made more space on my hard drived today. Help?

How I feel:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:36 pm
have you donwloaded anything recently? that could be the problem but im not sure  

Kitties_at_the_disco

Blablablacat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:43 pm
I have only downloaded three holiday-themed items from the Sims2 website. They haven't effected my game before. I have tried restarting the game a BILLION times.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:39 am
I have one suggestion you could try.
Move the folder that holds your downloads to a different location on your mac. The desktop would probably be best. Then try running the game again. If it runs fine then there IS something in your downloads causing a problem.
If the game still screws up then it sounds as though your installation may have become corrupt.
Even if you do have to reinstall you can always keep backups of your data so that you can put your games back in afterwards.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Blablablacat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:55 am
Hmm. Thank you! I will try that. If there is something wrong with my downloads, how can I figure out which one is causing the problem without killing off the whole folder?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:15 am
It was the downloads!
Darnit. Do I have to go through EVERY SINGLE ONE? Some aren't even labled. gonk  

Blablablacat

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:11 am
Take half of your downloads and put them into a new folder. Call it "A" or just something different to Downloads. Then put your original Downloads folder back into the game directory. Run the game and see if the problem is there. If the problem is there then the problem file is in Downloads and you know the files in "A" are fine.
When you find which folder has the problem file repeat the process of splitting them in half. Keep going until you only have a handful of files left that might be the faulty one and then start putting them in one at a time until the problem returns.
This does take a while to do but its quicker than sifting through every file one at a time.
If my explination doesn't quite make sense then you can head over to MTS2 where they have a full step by step guide on finding a faulty file.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:58 pm
Oh no, it makes tons of sense. I will try that as soon as I stop being lazy. xd
Thanks!  

Blablablacat

Blablablacat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:59 pm
I did it! I used your advice and found the one file that was causing the problem. It went to the trash were it belonged! Now my downloads/game works fine.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:03 pm
I feel like death wearing a disguise;;

Well I'm glad your game is working again :]

-----

Senorita Retro

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250