Little bit of humor courtesy of IKEA... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chansung

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:36 pm
YES!
I always wanted to be a bad influence on some one! I'll get started on corrupting my own room mate as soon as she gets back from her weekly "Thirsty Thursday" drinking binge.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:00 pm
Chansung
YES!
I always wanted to be a bad influence on some one! I'll get started on corrupting my own room mate as soon as she gets back from her weekly "Thirsty Thursday" drinking binge.

Of course next year I'm going to be such a horrible influence on my roomate... you know, all the reading, yoga, and tea-drinking that I do could most certainly corrupt those around me. rolleyes

Anyways, I suppose I shouldn't be taking that ad so seriously, seeing all of the strides the goth community has made in redeeming our image in the media since Columbine.  

DreamerSpirit

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:08 pm
All in all, I think my roommates would tolerate me because they would be people I know and are like me, but really that just kinda annoys me, who said that they would be a bad influence...I kinda wanna chock that person who wrote that...not kill, just chock...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:11 pm
DreamerSpirit
Chansung
YES!

Of course next year I'm going to be such a horrible influence on my roomate... you know, all the reading, yoga, and tea-drinking that I do could most certainly corrupt those around me. rolleyes

Anyways, I suppose I shouldn't be taking that ad so seriously, seeing all of the strides the goth community has made in redeeming our image in the media since Columbine.
Yeah, that's true, and in a way it's fun to annoy people. I guess though the media really has gone far with the stereotypes though...  

Redwing~Shadow

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:10 am
Redwing~Shadow
All in all, I think my roommates would tolerate me because they would be people I know and are like me, but really that just kinda annoys me, who said that they would be a bad influence...I kinda wanna chock that person who wrote that...not kill, just chock...

Well, if you can get a roommate who you've been friends with for a long time, muchos kudos to you 3nodding
As for the choke thing... eh, better to hold off on that before this headline happens:
"THE KILLING JOKE: Enraged goth attacks humorous marketer"

EDIT: Band name not intended.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:00 am
Nero PsyKoTiX
Saw this on VF so I HAD to check this out:
Read Brunkrissla's caption.

That was just hilarious.
rofl

What do you guys think?

...is that serious? stare  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

DioRte

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:44 pm
I'm kinda curious about if that's supposed to be some sort of shitty joke or not oO; I definitely agree with -Resurrected Writer-, though. Wiggers are a much better influence.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:44 pm
Redwing~Shadow
DreamerSpirit
Chansung
YES!

Yeah, that's true, and in a way it's fun to annoy people. I guess though the media really has gone far with the stereotypes though...

In some ways media sterotypes are a bad thing, but in thier defense, I must admit, 'sterotypical' characters such as Abby from NCIS and that girl from Danny Phantom have, in my opinion, really helped the subculture as a whole. I've gone from being seen as a 'future murderess' when I first began expirementing with gothic fashion back in '03-ish to being seen as 'a bit of an eccentric, but not a bad person' like I am today.

However, at the same time such sterotypes help to re-enforce certain ways in which people see other groups, wether that group is Christian, 'gangsta', Muslim, goth, prep, or whatever... when a group is portrayed in a positive light, especially following a time of tourmoil for that group, it is a good thing. Yet if a group is portrayed in a negative light, it can really harm the members of that group... such as how many people feared or hated muslims and middle-easterners post-9/11 (and unfortunately, many still retain such a backwards mentality...)  

DreamerSpirit

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:48 pm
I think I know why they think we're bad influences... we don't buy their bright happy crap... Stupid consumer culture and the companies that run it...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:16 am
If it wasn't in bad taste, it wouldn't have been funny.
It's an Ikea ad... you're not really going to take it seriously and get offended, are you?  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

Charmed_Raven

Romantic Lunatic

4,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:34 am
OverlordMMM
....yep...it WAS funny...until the obvious comment which was uncalled for....

I agree... Just a little too far with that bit, methinks.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff