Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Txt talk during Game play. Opinions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:14 pm
Ahahaha, that's where my 120 WPM comes in handy. Gets your message out nice and clear, and it won't take long.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:54 am
In some games, there are auto response quick keys that will say a specific thing. For instance, say you're playing a 1st-person shooter RTS on CTF mode, and someone from the other team took your flag. You would press the key that sais, "Our flag's been taken! After them!" or whatnot.

Personally, if I'm in that much of a hurry, on occasion I'll use txt, but more often I'll type out my words.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dreaming in the Theatre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:46 am
Well, I'm a naturally quick typist, so this isn't really a problem.

It actually takes me more time to type TXT-TLK cause I have to think about it.

At any rate, I do use TXT-TLK on cellphones or when I'm being rushed (i.e., changing the screen when my mother comes in).

Other than that, I don't use it at all.

So, for myself, I'd just type everything. xD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:09 am
Hmmm. If the defend key was a keyboard letter, then I would press down the 'defend' key with my pinkie while I am typing. I never ever use my pinkies to type, for some reason.

No, actually, my left pinkie holds down the shift key! razz My right one does nothing... rolleyes  

Shikaeii

KingKidd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:56 am
Due to the fact that I am a naturally fast typer, I am usually able to type things out before I get shot by that sniper up in that tree over there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:59 pm
I type things out. The only game I play that I wouldn't have time to type words out in is Counter-Strike: Source, and on that I use a microphone so no need to shorten anything because I wouldn't be typing.  

Tonberry Teh Haxxor

Dapper Dabbler

5,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Mushmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:41 pm
I prefer to type out fully, because then my friends know what I am saying. If I want to talk when there's monster's nearby, I don't. I run to a safe place, and then type away. What really annoys me is when (( excuse my french )) the newbies come up and get on my case for talking funny. "I beg your pardon, but just because I know how, and take the time to write out my words, does not make me this "N00B" you speak of . . thank you."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:12 pm
I used to play War Craft online.
((Not the new one that people are obsessed with.))
But I still typed the same way that I do in this very Guild.
Except there was less time to check for typos.
I still used stuff like "g2g" or "lol".
But who doesn't use them at least once in life?
D:

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Soujiroh Nishikado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:27 am
In the rare event I actually type during gameplay, I tend to not take capitalization in consideration. I use periods though 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:52 am
Okay, I'm not understanding the question but... when I was playing jigsaw everyone was text talking and I understood what some people was saying, and others....

I'm not a text talking person, I would always type my words as so. So basically, text talking is okay...if you understand it.  

Darkchild06

Business Raider

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50

stars long dead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:06 am
`
Depends what game and situation it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:25 am
Our own Gaia Towns has that problem, even though there's no battles except voluntarily. My first few times on I avoided pretty much everyone because they all type the same way. sweatdrop  

Tezur

Venat the Undying

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:35 am
Nope. With online games, I work alone, so I don't need to give orders or anything, and my friends can wait. So I never NEED to say something in the middle of battle.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:50 am
King of Halla
Nope. With online games, I work alone, so I don't need to give orders or anything, and my friends can wait. So I never NEED to say something in the middle of battle.

`
I just wait for the right time and when nothing happens right now.

stars long dead

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces