Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goddess Hekate
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:40 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Ah, the Roman version of Thanatos.

Well, Thanatos was at best a demi-God, one of the sons of Nyx (Night).

Thanatos was the brother of Hypnos(Sleep) right?

All of the "little" Gods apear to have been like after thoughts sorta like: "Oh yeah..."
Or they've been introduced (from other cultures) as: "yeah they were... so and so's daughter/Son" *points at name* one of them.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:58 am
The Goddess Aradia
patch99329
Uh...the only think I know of that you could possibly be talking about is the blue moon tomorrow.

It's not dark or anything...but it only happens once every few years smile

Actually... because the way the lunar calendar runs.. a Blue Moon happens once a year. It just changes when it happens because it runs in 4 week cycles.

A blue moon is the name given to a full moon that is the second one to occur in one month.
The next one is 09 if I recall. smile  

patch99329

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:53 am
patch99329
The Goddess Aradia
patch99329
Uh...the only think I know of that you could possibly be talking about is the blue moon tomorrow.

It's not dark or anything...but it only happens once every few years smile

Actually... because the way the lunar calendar runs.. a Blue Moon happens once a year. It just changes when it happens because it runs in 4 week cycles.

A blue moon is the name given to a full moon that is the second one to occur in one month.
The next one is 09 if I recall. smile
There's actually a few different kinds of blue moons, that one above is the calendar one.

Then there's the seasonal blue moon, the third full moon in a quarter of the year when there were four full moons.

And then there's the even rarer occurrence of a blue moon. The kind that actually looks blue, because of smoke and dust particles in the air.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:04 pm
Here is something I found on Theoi.
http://www.theoi.com/Daimon/Moros.html

May be the same as Mors but still on the Greek side. As for holidays I'll have to do a bit more digging.

Do you have any other information your willing to give?  

Noirkaze

Nomad of Nowhere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:32 pm
Demigods and minor gods often had cults that portrayed them with much more important roles than those given to them in popular Greek culture, ((though with very similiar themes between each cult, such as chthonic serpents and fertility gods with life-giving goddess consorts etc.) such as in the Dionysian and Orphic cults, and there were hundreds of smaller ones throughout the Roman/Hellenic world, dedicated to figures no one would care about very much. Sure, there could well have been some exclusive holiday for Thanatos/Mors, but while we sometimes know quite a bit salvaged from dead mystery religions, it's more likely to be made up or partially improvised.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:20 pm
There are no dark holidays that i know of in the pagan faiths, for your one stop guide to pagan holidays look up the wheel of the year.

You may be thinking of a Blood moon or a Lunar eclipse, that happens about every six years or so I believe and I do think that there are branches that hold that as sacred.  

loahnuh

Shogun_Emrys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 pm
I have to agree, in everything that i have studied in several religions pagan and non i have rarely heard of a dark holiday. and those usually refer to one that comemorates (i spelled that wrong i know) the part of death in life. the night of mors sounds familiar but i think i heard of it from a fictional book cuz i certainly never heard of it from a religion. maybe they read a book that talked about this Night of Mors and decided to try to pass it off as real to try to impress you or send you on this wild goose chase...by the way this thread is kinda old.lol  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:57 pm
ive never heard of that and ive been a pagan all my life  

Azriel Silverwings

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out