Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Silver's newest stuff. New stuff added 7-8-07 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:52 am
Historically, snoods were solid fabric, but more modern times see them knit or crocheted. I love my snoods I use for historical stuff. Thay cover my lack of hair. xd If I still had long hair, I would likely do snoods alot during the summer to stay cool. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:48 am
Tinuvial
What's a wimple?
Thank you! I bought the yarn for it even before I had the pattern. X3

Silver Mist
I'm loving mine. I wore it all day (after I finished it) yesterday, and I already have it on, and plan to wear it today. I want to find some more thin headbands and make more. X3

Silver Sunrise

The Star is Vain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:54 am
Wimple:

1. a woman's headcloth drawn in folds about the chin, formerly worn out of doors, and still in use by some nuns.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:38 pm
I really like the yarn you used!!!! biggrin Nice job!  

Ska Hippie

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:10 pm
I suddenly really want to make myself a snood for work.... Would be good for keeping hair out of my face while making stuff without alot of work.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:05 am
I'm in the process of making another one. X3 Need more headbands. XD I want a few different colors so I can wear something other than blue. :3 Current one I'm working on is lime green.

(off topic: This account is now my mule, Gensei Kitsune will be my main account for now. Someone let me know if I need to take my mule off the memberlist ok?)

Silver Sunrise

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:35 am
No offense, but yay for this no longer being your main account. There was to many Silvers running around. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:48 am
Silver Mist
No offense, but yay for this no longer being your main account. There was to many Silvers running around. xd
LOL No offense taken. Technically I'm still a silver as Gensei means made of silver. Well it does if I read my jap to eng dictionary correctly. XD Second snood on hold until I can find that other headband I know is floating around here somewhere. SO now I'm finishing up another turtle amigurimi. :3 This one of for my daughter.  

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:48 pm
Well that didn't take long. Second turtle is finished. Her name is Shelly. And I finished my second snood, though this one came out more hat-like. :3

Pictures!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We're ignoring my fuzzy Italian neck. Need to get it shaved off again. sweatdrop
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:46 am
Both are waaay cute. ^^ I love all the turtle pictures. You add the cutest captions.  

Silver Mist

gingin929

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:56 am
Great job... the turtles are adorable and I love the snoods.... I think I might give it a try.... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:53 am
Silver Mist
Thank you. The turtles are so fun to make. I made a third one with O_O for a face. His name is Shae. I have a few pictures, just need to get them posted. X3

gingin929
Thank you! I'm loving the snoods for the hot summers here in Tx. X3 Having the hair off my neck makes a huge difference. 3nodding

I'm working on a granny square blanket right now. Here is four of the main colorway squares. they'll be the middle, then I'm going to make a border row that will look like the ones with purple on the inside, only it'll be blue on the inside. If I did my mental measuring right it'll be roughly 30in wide by 50in long. Though if I can find the multi colored yarn in the same dyelot, I'm going to grab enough to make the blanket 30x70. XD

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:34 pm
Sooo yeah. xD I went to the LYS yesterday. Sat, knitted, chatted for a few hours, bought yarn (30% off sale! x3 ), came home, worked on granny squares. I hate to say it, but I think I'll need one more ball of yarn to finish it. XD I changed the dimensions, it's now going to be 40x70 (someone tell me what I was thinking). Then I went to bed, and I woke up, ate breakfast, made a third snood. My blue one went AWOL yesterday. XD Someone Help! I'm Addicted!!!

Is there a yarn addicts anonymous out there somewhere?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:39 pm
Very nice work. I'm envious. <3User Image  

StrawberryFuma

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out