Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

everwonderwhy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:23 am
Well I 'm making an armwarmer with instructions on how to make it and everything but I have no clue how to do the yarn over and knit1 (twice thing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's supposed to be the end result.(The siding where the thumb is, is where I'm stuck) But currently I have four little holes with one little string in th emiddle of the tiny hole. How do I do the yarn over correctly?
PLEASE HELP!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:26 am
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/increase.php

Yarn overs are in the bottom of the page. It would help if you posted the portion of the pattern that confuses you too.

EDIT: The "ladders" look like dropped yarn overs. Ie. the yarn is wrapped a set ammount of times around the knitting needle and then you knit a stitch leaving the wrapped yarn on the needle. Repeat as needed... On the next row you knit as usual but slip off the wrapped yarn.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

everwonderwhy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:52 am
Thanks a bunch!

CO 35 sts. Work in garter stitch for 3”(3 ½”, 4”).

Next row (RS): Knit 21(21, 19) sts, yo, k1 (twice), yo2, k1 (three times), yo3, k1 (4 times), yo4, k1 (5 times).

(WS): Knit all knit sts, drop all yos.

Work in garter stitch for 3”(3 ½”, 4”) more. BO.

These are the instructions by the way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:06 pm
Yep. You wrap the yarn around the needle just as if you were knitting (without actually sticking the needle through a stitch beforehand) as many times as it tells you (once, twice, etc) before you knit your next stitch.

Then, when you get to the next row, just let those YOs slip right off the needle. Because they're "extras", your work won't unravel just from drpping them. It's a fun way to add tears to your work.  

AriRashkae

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff