Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
is the movie going to be as good as the book???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amanda_danielle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:55 am
what do you think? I mean they are cutting out most of the quidditch scenes!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:53 am
LOL. Well, they have to cut out a lot, or each movie would be like LOTR... especially because the fifth is the longest thus far.

I wasn't going to see it, because with the HP movies, I like them the first time I see it and afterwards, never again. They don't hold up like LOTR. However, the trailer I saw in Spiderman III made me excited to see it...

I didn't notice Luna in the trailer, and thus far that's my biggest concern--that they'll cut her out. I don't think it too likely right now though...

I think the movie will be all right.  

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:06 am
Lady_Imrahil
LOL. Well, they have to cut out a lot, or each movie would be like LOTR... especially because the fifth is the longest thus far.

I wasn't going to see it, because with the HP movies, I like them the first time I see it and afterwards, never again. They don't hold up like LOTR. However, the trailer I saw in Spiderman III made me excited to see it...

I didn't notice Luna in the trailer, and thus far that's my biggest concern--that they'll cut her out. I don't think it too likely right now though...

I think the movie will be all right.

I've seen Luna in quite a few trailers - with her radish earrings quite visible. I wouldn't worry.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:32 pm
i noticed that too
alot of the scenes are cut but then the movie wouldbe like 8 hrs (that would be sweet!)
but the movies get better and better as the years go
the graphics are rly neat!  

lady-bug-britt

Occlumens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:52 am
Yeah the movie won't be as good because like everyone said, a lot of scenes will be cut out. But it'll still be worth seeing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:36 am
Well, obviously not, nothing can be "as good" as Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix~ heart But it'll be okay...  

x X Cissy x Black X x

homeless_kiwi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:40 am
i cant wait for the movie to come, it will be in like 3 days here..........and im definitely gonna see it.....no matter how "unlike the book" it will be, its hard to make a movie, and i appreciate the ppl who try...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:58 pm
Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to find a movie (based off a book) that was better then the book.

Not to say that, in most cases, I didn't find the movies very entertaining. whee  

The Lady Gryphon

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:34 pm
How can it be even close to bad when we'll be able to see probably about half of the characters kiss smile

Or I'm just a pervert redface  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff