Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
where do people get all this anime ???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:33 am
I've PURCHASED 1 full series which would be Ouran High Host Club ..but how do people get anime so fast do they really PURCHASED it DVD to DVD? That would be too much for me is there an easier way?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:14 pm
I'm going to start by saying:

Read the guides
Read the rules
Read the stickies
and most of all
Read the Gaia TOS

Then I am going to say:

As anime fans we buy the hell out of DVDs. The Mrs. (Des) and I have WELL over 600 DVDs alone. And a good number of those are R2's from japan. Then you could go into my Laserdisc collection and her VHS collection.... One might even include our new found love for BD's! (Blu-Ray) Now mind you I have been collecting DVDs since 1996, but one has to start somewhere. Back then I had a region free (since R# codes didn't appear until 1999) 3rd gen 8x DVD-Rom by Sony. Now we have literally a menagerie of rare DVD classics. Including a first pressing Maharomatic DVD (R2) in Box, Saishu Heiki Kanojo's 1st OVA (1st pressing) in box, and of course #10,000 FLCL DVD3 w/ Box (R1)!

Buying the DVDs is the most gratifying experience and AMV nerd can have. Well, aside from brushing a boob in the supermarket. 3nodding That the fact that the truest form of flattery is lossless footage.  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

MalXII

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:41 pm
I've got around 300 DVDs myself. I've been buying them starting with Abenobashi, so it's been about 3 1/2 years now.

My reccomendation would be to watch Rightstuff and ADV for sales.

Both have goods sales going right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:39 am
Mr_Pilkington
Well, aside from brushing a boob in the supermarket.

I must say that brushing someone's boob in the supermarket is not a good experience for me... or for you considering I ought to beat the living snot out of you. D:

I do agree with Mal though, Rightstuf and ADV generally have HUUUUUGE sales. I've caught some nice $7 DVDs from ADV a couple of times. 3nodding

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:54 pm
Steve with Anime Pavilion generally gives uber discounts if you buy in bulk at con. I have been known to drop 4 figures at his shop come AWA time, and I get every bit of my money's worth out of it 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:40 pm
Mr_Pilkington
Steve with Anime Pavilion generally gives uber discounts if you buy in bulk at con. I have been known to drop 4 figures at his shop come AWA time, and I get every bit of my money's worth out of it 3nodding

Also, if you are lacking money, Steve also has job openings almost constantly. You can generally get a quick 3 hour shift with him.

I've helped out at least once every con I've been to with him, and my friend actually got a job working 20 hours a week, going con to con with Steve all this summer.  

MalXII

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:44 pm
Steve is my hero. Anime Express (Daytona Beach, FL) 2006, we got him to pretend to be Steve Bennett to harass a bunch of noobs. It were teh awesome!  
The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games