Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prisoners of Society- An Alternative Music Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAKE!-- Video Games & Hand-Held Games.
Xbox 360

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

7ra170r

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:23 pm
Does anyone here have one? I absolutely luv the thing. It is by far the greatest console created, with a library of some of the greatest games of all time. If you have one do you have Live. I would love to hear some gamertags. My gamertag is Shenkai.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:37 pm
I don't have one. :{ Sorry.  

Killer Zeit
Vice Captain

The Mighty Z-Rex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:53 pm
I have one but I think the XBox sucks.

Their library is terrible, unless you're only into first person shooters with shallow stories and forgettable characters.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:34 pm
Master Chief(John, Spartan 117) is the last video game character I will ever forget. He has an amazing story, especially if you take the time to read all the books about Halo.  

7ra170r

The Mighty Z-Rex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:50 am
randomdude123
Master Chief(John, Spartan 117) is the last video game character I will ever forget. He has an amazing story, especially if you take the time to read all the books about Halo.

That's the problem. Those books are written by random dudes who decided they wanted to write a halo book and Bungie said "Go for it."
It's nothing more then published fan fiction. It's got nothing to do with the character in the game. It's just an imagining by fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:36 pm
The books stories are fully approved by Bungie. They don't let a single thing be published that is not approved, and does not fit in the Halo Story Bible. I may have started like that, but that is part of the story now, if you follow the games and books of course.  

7ra170r

The Mighty Z-Rex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:02 pm
It has nothing to do with the games. A game should explain their characters in the game, not in supplemental reading.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:10 pm
What is wrong with a character that is portrayed as inhuman? The Master Chief is supposed to seem an almighty, mysterious, distant being. He is human, but has become far superior to the rest of the UNSC. If you do read the books it explains more about John's, and the other Spartans' backstories. Reading the novels enables you to connect better with the characters, but it is an unnecessary extra.

May I ask what games you play, or what games you believe explain the characters' stories better than the Halo games?
Don't even bother if you are going to try arguing for games like Final Fantasy(great games), Devil May Cry, or Metal Gear Solid(bad because it is a a Playstation exclusive).  

7ra170r

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAKE!-- Video Games & Hand-Held Games.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games