I...
  like Harry Potter and am getting the book at midnight
  will get the book eventually
  don't particularly like Harry Potter
View Results

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 pm
I made one for the last book, and so in the light of the approaching release date for Deathly Hallows I make one again. In it, we shall discuss Harry Potter, the series impact on the pagan world, but mainly just Harry Potter.

Kindly put all spoilers in white-text like this

[color=white][/color]

I'm going at midnight on the 20th, what about you all?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:12 pm
So, for me it's 8 days, 8 hours and 49 minutes+line-up time until I get the book.

Frankly, I'm getting more and more excited every time I think about it.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:13 pm
My mother's had the UK edition on pre-order for months now. It will be exciting to see how the series ends. Sadly, there's still a couple more years' worth of hyped-up marketability in it. The stories are nice; all the other fandom (merchandise, etc.) is not exactly my cup of tea.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm
I tend to feel the same. I haven't seen any of the movies past the second.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:27 pm
*Zooms around*

I'm so exited about book 7!!
I have sooo many theories biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:21 am
Seven days left.

You know, as much as we scoff at the fundamentalists who say that Harry Potter is evil, I think that the more moderate of them have a point. Having such a wildly successful book where the main character is not only sympathetic to supernatural forces but uses magic himself certainly softens the public to the idea of it.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Advent Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:34 am
I'm going to be completely honest... I have to work the night it comes out, but I will lie, cheat, steal, kill, and curse a person (or two), just to get off in time to get in line. My mania for Potter runs deeper than all the oceans of this Earth.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:29 pm
I'm debating whether or not I want to go drinking after I get it, or do the fun but stupid thing of go drinking before and sober up in line.

And weed into the mix and we have a whole other line of fun...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 am
I might go to the opening parties at the local bookstores just to meet people and may be make some friends in this area. I don't actually intend to buy the book there. Heh. There is something to the Fundie's worst fears of the series encouraging witchcraft, however, as evidenced by one of my local Borders.

There it was, in formal black letters "Not for Muggles." It was a display in the religion/spirituality section of the bookstore, and below this sign were works such as Ravenwolf's "To Ride a Silver Broomstick," works by Ted Andrews, Idiot Guides to Wicca and Witchcraft, among other metaphysical books. And I just grinned when I saw it.

Of course, last time I went to a Harry Potter release party as a bookstore, it all but confirmed it in my mind anyway already. Kids, inspired early and young, might eventually find resonance in paths that place more emphasis on magic such as the various Neopagan branches. Gods know that my reading of fantasy in general as a kid inspired me to love this stuff. I have no doubt Harry Potter has the same effect on kids today.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:07 am
Four more days! I just started the fourth book, so I think I'm on schedule.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Advent Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:32 am
Time remaining till Potter: 1 day... 15 1/2 hours... And I officially can't sleep...

Man, they're gonna hate me at work.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:57 pm
*Annoyed* I won't get to read the new book for a few months probably and by then I'll happen upon all the spoilers you can possibly think of in random forums mad  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Advent Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:24 am
Finished... Finally...

Don't worry kiddies, no spoilers here. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:46 pm
eek My brother saw the HP book at WalMart for $20 (we thought it'd be $50!) and got it for me (...well... actually for himself, but he's letting me read it first 3nodding ) *Happy dance*

*Reads*  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items