Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cruzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:24 am
Neko-Yousei
w00t!
Just got finished watching the first episode. It ends with Toji saying that he likes Momo too.

Animation-wise...I give it... a B-, It's nice and bright, but the expressions all seem to be the same except when Momo or Kairi are spazing...or Sae too. Character design is a B (I think that Kairi's hair should be much more full and pumpkin-like. sad And I also think Toji's hair could be a few shades lighter)
I like the fact that Kairi was called 'Bakayasu' by Momo at one point instead of 'Okayasu'. Haha...I thought it were funneh. @w@
I DO like the opening song. The only problem I had with opening animatio was that Momo, Kairi, and Toji seemed WAAAY to best pals kinda thing...which all know really isn't the case...I was surprised that Ryo Okayasu and Goro (Gigolo) were in the opening, but...Misao was not. sad Ending could be better. It figures that the ending animation is just a bunch of manga pictures like in Fushigi Yuugi.
I wasn't impressed too much by the voice acting. Momo's kinda fits after you listen to it a while. It would have been awesome if they got a more goofy-er voice for Kairi...like Seki Tomokazu could have done a good job. I think I have to see how Sae's voice will be when she starts doing her evil little things and when she turns 2-d.

So, yes...this is my report on the first episode!!! sweatdrop

Just curious... where did you see? And was it subbed?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:13 pm
Cruzle
Neko-Yousei
w00t!
Just got finished watching the first episode. It ends with Toji saying that he likes Momo too.

Animation-wise...I give it... a B-, It's nice and bright, but the expressions all seem to be the same except when Momo or Kairi are spazing...or Sae too. Character design is a B (I think that Kairi's hair should be much more full and pumpkin-like. sad And I also think Toji's hair could be a few shades lighter)
I like the fact that Kairi was called 'Bakayasu' by Momo at one point instead of 'Okayasu'. Haha...I thought it were funneh. @w@
I DO like the opening song. The only problem I had with opening animatio was that Momo, Kairi, and Toji seemed WAAAY to best pals kinda thing...which all know really isn't the case...I was surprised that Ryo Okayasu and Goro (Gigolo) were in the opening, but...Misao was not. sad Ending could be better. It figures that the ending animation is just a bunch of manga pictures like in Fushigi Yuugi.
I wasn't impressed too much by the voice acting. Momo's kinda fits after you listen to it a while. It would have been awesome if they got a more goofy-er voice for Kairi...like Seki Tomokazu could have done a good job. I think I have to see how Sae's voice will be when she starts doing her evil little things and when she turns 2-d.

So, yes...this is my report on the first episode!!! sweatdrop

Just curious... where did you see? And was it subbed?

I dled the first 3 episodes through Bittorent. Highly recommended.
Go to www.animesuki.com
smile  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:14 pm
And yes, it was fansubbed. It hasn't been bought by an American Co. yet, so people can still fansub it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:41 pm
Bit torrent doesn't work for me *cries* any other ideas?? Oh wait I forgot I am on the desktop... I wonder if it would work *goes to try*  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:51 pm
eh *156 hours remain* does it usually take that long ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:04 pm
PsychoAce56
eh *156 hours remain* does it usually take that long ^^;

Do you have DSL or RoadRunner? Or any other highspeed internet??? If you've just got dial up....ehhh....Bittorrent ain't for you.  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:24 pm
I have Comcast, so yes I have a high speed internet.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:01 pm
PsychoAce56
I have Comcast, so yes I have a high speed internet.

Then most likely there are not enough people seeding the torrent. You could go in the forums and request someone to seed it. 3nodding  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:43 pm
^^" Yeah I was like 50% done and the freaking internet connection died on me and I was really angry.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:07 pm
What! A Peach Girl tv series!!! whee I LOVE that manga. I'm gonna check out the site for sure. heart  

LadyAmethyst

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:59 am
well now that I am settled here I am going to try and download the series again, probably after we update my grandmothers computer of something.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:36 pm
Eeeee. I just finished watching the entire Peach Girl series. It stayed very true to the manga, but added some nice touches. Some of the character design was weird at points though..

We should really start a discussion thread that can include spoilers so we can talk about the ending. xp  

Maliyuki

TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces