Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Oh my. This community needs a slap in the face.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:16 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=9667363&page=2

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=9383233

What the hell? Somebody parodies us (very well, I may add) and these 'anti torture' people all go beserk and start talking about guns and swords and explosives! My, my!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:29 am
Oh gosh! That really is suprising eek  

Shikaeii

nimuemelpomene

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:10 am
You know, I thought the banner was kind of clever.
I am continually surprised when people respond with violent threats to something that is, in essence, completely harmless.
Furthermore, the fact that the title of this topic is also threatening is equally amusing.

xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:15 am
It's not just that, either: they're supposedly strongly against talking about harming 'txt-tlkers', yet there they are, sowing hypocrisy into their posts.  

MadnessFreak

nimuemelpomene

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:23 am
I just joined this guild today, and from what I've seen there's a significant amount of vehemence and griping toward people with poor grammar... It's unfortunate, really, because I enjoy the parts of the forum for talking about books and writing and other issues.
Sometimes this place makes me feel really old >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:57 am
No one is perfect, but as I posted somewhere:

I was the same way before someone who spoke in text talk corrected me. Then my arrogance ended and that made me realize that I too have my faults, so I have no business threatening violence to anyone.

If you find a post saying otherwise, it will likely be from months ago. 3nodding  

Patron with a Mission

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:13 am
I imagine torturing them, but I rarely do. It's pointless, I guess. Every now and then I have to do something, but I usually just blow off some steam in "Txt-tlk horror stories" rather than go to the original thread and "torture" the poor little noob. It's a less... confrontational way to do it, in my mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:12 am
When I see "txt tlk" posts, I have to worry about myself first, you know.  

Zealot of Insanity

Miko_Sohma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:27 pm
It is completely pointless to torture text-talkers. It would not change anything. And, I, too, am appalled by this surge of hypocrisy in our guild. There is an entire thread devoted to the best means of torturing text-talkers; I thought it would either get locked or die before long, but, to my horror, it lives on.

We say we are not "Grammar Nazis," then we go and do this? It's disgusting.

I actually thought the banner was absolutely hilarious, and it didn't really make me angry. It's when you start seeing it in everyone's sig that you should start to worry. xp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:10 am

What the hell? Seriously, they need to grow up. Sure, txt tlkers are annoying.. but torturing will do absolutely nothing.

That banner was funny. XD

Shigures Editor

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:50 am
I simply type that to blow off steam. Honestly, I still find it stupid, but it does offer for a laugh. And if I'm angry enough, I'll go rant at the person.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:42 pm
I think that people should create a website where only people who (or would it be whom?) use good grammar are aloud on it!  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 pm
I was tempted to start this same Thread, but decided it would be wise not to.
I love the banner.
"IT MAKES ME WANNA SHOUT!
C'MON NOW!
C'MON NOW!"
Okay, No.
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:51 am
MuffinChick54
I think that people should create a website where only people who (or would it be whom?) use good grammar are aloud on it!

"Who", because it is the subject of the verb "use".

By the way, it should be "allowed", not "aloud".

Other than that, I couldn't have said it better myself:
MadnessFreak
To post a torture method for somebody with bad grammar is simply 'roleplay' of a sort, another way to vent frustration and annoyance towards said people with bad grammar. If you honestly mean what you say then seriously, I know an institution that will suit you just fine. If you think this is 'extreme' or 'cruel' then you've had an overextended stay in ponyland. Learn to seperate what is fun and what somebody generally means.

The MoUsY spell-checker

Drake Elias Zephyr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 pm
This is ridiculous!

"LAWL INTERWEB WAR!!!!!"  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items