Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:21 pm
Okay, so I was at Dub Dub, and got the chance to meet Phoenix, the head of the Dragon Fangs Alliance. He told me a bit about his company's history, including how the old version, Nightmare Company, got a bad rep and was disbanded to disassociate from that. So, he came up with the DFA. Now, I'm all for birds of a feather flocking together, but I had to choke back a laugh when he offered my lady and I membership in the DFA.

For starters, he was talking about his SCA persona like a very multi-classed AD&D character. Talking about getting this and that for his Druid costume, and this for his Ranger's get-up, etc. etc. Now, I like to play AD&D as much as the next guy, but seriously. The SCA is not a LARP like Amtgard or Lion Rampant. It shouldn't be treated as such.

Secondly, he was about my age, 34 or so, and Crystal, his lady was only about 18. *****, much? I know, there's more to a relationship than just age, but that big an age gap is just creepy. What I wonder is, has anyone had any problems with this guy or either of his companies? I just want to know if I should keep a watchful eye on him if I see him at another event.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:30 am
I've had a lot of problems with him in the past, but for sake of not wanting to use this forum as gossip and slander space, I'll save that for private converse. Most of the rest of his group are very nice people. A little off, but very nice.

With a group like the SCA, you're always going to get some people who take it to a weird level. I mean, most of us have been outcasts and/or gamers in some way during our mundane lives, so when you put us all together and let our imaginations run free... yeah. Occasionally it's comical, but overall understandable.

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Eclyps Th1rt3en

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:50 pm
I have not encountered the man... but i have heard some bad things.... but wihtout meeting him i guess i can't say for sure. sorry...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:10 am
I don't know of whom you speak, but I've most certainly encountered those who don't understand the concept of the SCA. Demonic red contact lenses and a very rude question, that's all I'll say.  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:51 am
Sir_Catherine
I don't know of whom you speak, but I've most certainly encountered those who don't understand the concept of the SCA. Demonic red contact lenses and a very rude question, that's all I'll say.

hah, I've got the sneaking suspicion I know who you're talking about...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:40 am
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine

Really? Oy. The incident I speak of happened two Autumn Roses ago. The guy looked like he was trying to LARP a fantasy rpg demonic character.  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:22 am
Sir_Catherine
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine

Really? Oy. The incident I speak of happened two Autumn Roses ago. The guy looked like he was trying to LARP a fantasy rpg demonic character.

Does he have a darker complexion and carry a very large goblet?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:12 pm
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine

My memory isn't that good. This was two years ago and at dark. I'd have to say tanned skin, dark clothing, and no idea of his goblet. Those damn eyes are what I remember.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 pm
Sir_Catherine
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine

My memory isn't that good. This was two years ago and at dark. I'd have to say tanned skin, dark clothing, and no idea of his goblet. Those damn eyes are what I remember.

I'll bet it's who I'm thinking of. You want me to punch him next time I see him? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:45 pm
Okay, well, now I know to steer clear of this goober. And I'll watch for Sir Red-Eye as well, whoever he is. (Mail me about it if you don't want to turn this into a mud-slinging thread, folks.)  

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:53 am
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine

I'll bet it's who I'm thinking of. You want me to punch him next time I see him? mrgreen

Now, now, that would be quite unladylike. wink I would have slapped him myself but I was fully immersed in playing a proper Lady and settled for telling him if he was in the SCA he should act the part of a gentleman. His response of "But I'm not a gentleman"*leer* is what made me so angry. Thankfully I kept my head, made some remark about how, as a lady, I thus shouldn't associate with him and walked off to vent to friends.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:32 am
Sir_Catherine

Now, now, that would be quite unladylike. wink I would have slapped him myself but I was fully immersed in playing a proper Lady and settled for telling him if he was in the SCA he should act the part of a gentleman. His response of "But I'm not a gentleman"*leer* is what made me so angry. Thankfully I kept my head, made some remark about how, as a lady, I thus shouldn't associate with him and walked off to vent to friends.

lol... yeah, that sounds like him. He's quite uncouth, but harmless. I think I mostly find his antics amusing because he can actually be a very nice guy, and being shot down never gets him in a bad mood or anything.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Eclyps Th1rt3en

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:27 am
so are we saying colored contacts are a bad thing in the SCA? i am curious because i actually use slver mirror like ones when i fight, but i don't have any others, and plus they cost 300 bucks, so i don't think i should replace them just for the sca unless it is absolutely neccessary. i don't need more than one pair of contacts, i admit i bought them for the shock facto, but not specifically for the SCA, it is just i can't wear glasses inside of a helmet. oh sorry, that turned into a tiny rant, i do that alot at night when i am typing sorry!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:07 am
Amalys_Krys
so are we saying colored contacts are a bad thing in the SCA? i am curious because i actually use slver mirror like ones when i fight, but i don't have any others, and plus they cost 300 bucks, so i don't think i should replace them just for the sca unless it is absolutely neccessary. i don't need more than one pair of contacts, i admit i bought them for the shock facto, but not specifically for the SCA, it is just i can't wear glasses inside of a helmet. oh sorry, that turned into a tiny rant, i do that alot at night when i am typing sorry!

Eh, I'm sure some people might pitch a fit, but then some people have to take issue with every modern thing. Personally, I see it as part of the "Creative" portion of the SCA. But then, I've had to wear purple sparkly flip flops to events before, due to inability to hobbit it (sand was waaaayyy too hot). In the case of the guy mentioned above, it's mainly been an identifying feature.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Mrsbruhaha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:29 am
i think it was the fact that it was red contacts in conjunction with the way he was acting.  
Kingdoms/Event Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games