Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Ideas for jobs to hand out to various members of the guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Furzball

Dapper Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:19 pm
I'm trying to think of jobs I can put onto members of a guild I'm starting. Anyways my four main catagories are

Roleplay Support Jobs: Since it will basically be a mercenary guild Roleplay serves a major function. So various types of warriors(or different levels), plot designers, literates,etc.

Guild Support Jobs: people who gain gold, attention, artwork, member gathering,donate to, etc. the guild. Also moderators, reporters and such.

Member Support Jobs: Like people that help out the members in our guild, artists doing work for the members, donators, life issue helpers, etc.

Guest Support Jobs: People who help guests who come into our guild in order to seek various guild services or join discussions.

Anyways can everyone help by listing other ideas.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:37 am
Furzball
I'm trying to think of jobs I can put onto members of a guild I'm starting. Anyways my four main catagories are

Roleplay Support Jobs: Since it will basically be a mercenary guild Roleplay serves a major function. So various types of warriors(or different levels), plot designers, literates,etc.

Guild Support Jobs: people who gain gold, attention, artwork, member gathering,donate to, etc. the guild. Also moderators, reporters and such.

Member Support Jobs: Like people that help out the members in our guild, artists doing work for the members, donators, life issue helpers, etc.

Guest Support Jobs: People who help guests who come into our guild in order to seek various guild services or join discussions.

Anyways can everyone help by listing other ideas.

All of those works well.
What I'm concerned is that all those tasks are too general. I'm pretty sure its better if a group of people takes one on each category.

Other than that, we could add more.

Basically, all I see from your guild is another normal guild, no themes, no what-so-ever. I'm not saying that your guild sucks or anything but if you want your guild to have a bunch load of people, your guild MUST have purpose other than general topics like 80% of all guilds.

So, I cant pretty much add ideas to your guild if there are now base or theme to hold your guild together.

but....

CHEERS!  

Epileptic Eclipse

Furzball

Dapper Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:41 pm
Ah, basically it is somewhat of a Guild for members to earn money and status by doing various tasks.

The main theme / symbol is Griever from Final Fantasy 8. AKA the Ultimate Guardian Force. A symbol of Courage. Basically the roleplay will be taking place in a sci-fi fantasy style, through not final fantasy 8 but may include themes from it and other final fantasies. The general goal is to embrace good roleplaying and developing our own individual stories, which will be logged by the roleplayers them selves in a subforum for character biographies. Each person can only be in one section/roleplay in the guild at one time.

Also the point of the guild is to have active members that are there to roleplay or provide services for other gaians.

Also just to state, by services I mean a helping hand in a roleplay, artwork, layouts, etc.

Edit: Tasks also include gambling games, fund raisers, charities, marketplace, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:16 am
If you do want job idea's make guild security also for a night they go through the topics and be sure that there is nothib=ng against TOS and to be sure that they are the last to post that day to keep it alive(If so could I be one, I love security, I am only 13 but I work as security for the home daycare across the street)  

Skincer

2,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Epileptic Eclipse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:06 pm
We loved But She Died
If you do want job idea's make guild security also for a night they go through the topics and be sure that there is nothib=ng against TOS and to be sure that they are the last to post that day to keep it alive(If so could I be one, I love security, I am only 13 but I work as security for the home daycare across the street)

Hmmm, as I review the main forums. There will or someone will create a topic that will break the TOS. However, that topic could bring attraction to the guild, it usually depends on how open the topic to a person's point of view.

And so, I thought, "The main forum of gaia such as General Topic and Chatterbox contains a massive amount of topic that breaks the TOS."
Which leads to another point. "Maybe we could break a small piece from TOS in order to succeed."

and the rest is up to you.
I could have done more but its too much responsibility to handle a guild filled with people. So I quitted and gave the guild to another person. xd  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games