Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
Sims 2 and windows vista

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:02 pm
Im getting some serious problems with sims 2 and its expansions and i think the problem is windows vista.

The game installs fine but once i load it up the sound goes all crappy and the game slows down, then if i click on a family it loads up then crashes instantly ive tried turning down the graphics installing updates and reinstalling the game but nothing helps.

Does anyone know whats wrong or have any suggestions on how to fix it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:11 am
The problems are defenetly Windows Vista , i have heard people saying that vista has a lot of problems with things. On the PC Requirements , the highest the sims goes up to is Windows 2000 i think so that could have something to do with the problems.  

Jessie_0160

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:50 pm
im hoeing the new expansion might be compatible with vista it would mean ill i would need is to install that i hope smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:57 am
I don't think it's Vista because I have Vista and my Sims game works great on it. It could be the computer. A lot of people where having problems with their sims games and vista because their computer was not up to standards.  

Simming
Crew

someboyishere2
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:20 pm
I have a vista too and it works fine,it just lags a bit though  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:10 am
I also have Vista and sims works just fine for me.
Must be something else? =|

Quazip

Psychadelic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:57 pm
Hmm.. What are exactly the minimum requirements for TS2 btw? Because I'm buying a new laptop with vista in it and It would really suck if I couldn't play the game there eek  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:47 am
I have vista and it works fine, if not better than some friends of mine that don't have vista. the only problems I've had are:

1) cheats for Sims2 run on vista (TEND) to ruin the game/mess it up.
Examples:
I used to use cheat codes until an overuse of them bugged one of my favorite houses, and then I was forced to delete the house and family, and all bugged children ( cool . Then, weeks later, I was stupid enough to use a cheat in my unversity neighborhood screen and it somehow turnned everything from it's normal greens/browns/house/car/lanscape colors to very dark grey and black. All of it! I had to delete my university and create a new one. Just a week ago I played in a favorite family I hadn't played in for awhile, only to find out I had bugged them by using cheats too much. I had to delete them and their twin sons, plus, the special "twin house" I had made for them. Now I ONLY use motherlode. My game is very sensitive (now) and unfortuantly I don't think it would be able to with stand another expansion pack, since the last one I added ALMOST caused me to have to uninstall, and reinstall my game.

2) I had some trouble installing university...  

shmarty

The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff