Reply Avatar Talk
Newbies tekteking....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jibo Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:50 pm
I been just seeing alot of new people using tektek and using it poorly. Most of the time it's either a mess of MCs or too simple. I understand it's a good tool to practice making avatars and getting accustom to the items, but why practice on other people when you no clue what you're doing?

And just a side question since I been gone forever, is it even okay to charge people for tekteks? Is it mentioned in the stickies or is it an unspoken rule?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:09 am
I'm not sure if it's a rule or not.. they've been doing for a long time now though..

but god. DX Tekteks piss me off... I don't find it special if you can make a nice avatar with every item on gaia. :/ It makes it a little more difficult to make an nice avatar with a limited amount of items. Make a tektek buy the items and then bring it to AT.. That is just my feelings on Tekteks in the AT.. >>

Oh yeah and your right most of them just sucks.. *IF I ADD RANDOM EXPENSIVE STUFF PEOPLE WILL LIKE ME! =DDD* Noo.. if fact most hate them a little more. :/ I find it absolutly appauling when someone can't make a nice avater with that many items to choose from..  

Padunka

FrozenFyre
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:05 am
in the service subforum there's a sticky that says it's okay to charge for tekteks
but in AT, more people just do it for free XD

people have different likes and dislikes
n00bs just have a bad habbit of likeing bad avis XD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:06 pm
Well, it's annoying. D: I hate it when I enter a Tektek Contest and the one with the most MCs or the most Angelic or whatever wins. D< Might as well hold a clutter contest! xP

But I guess it's a start of something good or bad..

~Angelina Elven~

Lucca Ashtear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:15 am
I encountered one girl who was charging for them even though her skill was terrible. She was also terribly rude and huffy about it when I told her she should practice more before selling her services, because nobody was going to buy them - even though I was gentle about it.

Tekteks in the AT don't bother me much as long as it's something on the lines of "Here's a concept for an avatar I'd like to maybe wear, and I'd like reviews and suggestions before I actually buy it all."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:30 am

Tektek makes me mental for a few reasons. Often times, the layering isn't possible, so people either make unattainable avatars or they use cheating avatars in contests against those who choose to use their inventory.

As for the tektek threads that pop up in AT, they don't bother me so much as long as there is a healthy mix of other threads for me to loiter in. I can't stand it when everyone and their dog just wants to be tekteked or tektek others...I mean, if you want to get REALLY technical, AT was made to talk about Gaia avatars, NOT tekteks. >>

But that's just me...

It is a sort of unwritten rule that you don't charge for them. Most of the time when I see people charging for them, I tell them the same...though most of the time, they don't really have enough skill to be charging either, so there you have it xd

littleraverjoey

Aged Citizen

13,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Terreur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:45 pm
I don't believe it's an official rule.
Anyways, people in the AT usually do good TekTeks for free, and we tend to shoot down those who try and charge for them.
About a month ago this person was charging 1,000 for TekTeks, which were terrible.
She claimed that she can sell them for 15,000 in the Chatter Box and was doing us all a favor.
It's very annoying.
&& I believe there is a fine line between TekTek contests and Avatar contests, as Joey stated.
I don't like mixed contests, because TekTek's layering is off.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:52 am
I'd smack em' if I could.
Really I won't.

I want a damn sub-forum for tek-teking ONLY.
Seriously, it's annoying seeing in AT because I have to go through the s**t to find the rating threads.

I also hate people who can't rate. Really, you can't have a pixel of color EVERYWHERE on your body. AND STOP TELLING ME TO GET IMAGINARY ORANGE ITEMS.  

Menstrual Cramps

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300

`Monox!de

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:52 am
          I hate TekTek threads. Dx I wish they'd stay in the Chatterbox.

It's not illegal to charge for TekTeks, but no one likes it for people to do so, because they either suck, or are too expensive. Seriously, 1k for something like this?
          User Image
          I don't think so. (Look how good I am at making s**t avatars. <333)

I hate people who can't rate, too. Dx They keep telling me, "LOL, YOU NEED TEAL ITEMS. LIKE NEAR YOUR MIDDLE. THERE ARE NO TEAL ITEMS IN THAT SHADE, BUT I'LL GIVE YOU A 7 FOR NOT HAVING IT ANYWAY." D: WTF. I think everyone knows that there are NO teal items in this shade besides the shoes I'm wearing and the waterwings. And this hair. It's like they're downvoting me because Gaia didn't make many teal items. confused

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:15 pm
LittleRaverJoey

Tektek makes me mental for a few reasons. Often times, the layering isn't possible, so people either make unattainable avatars or they use cheating avatars in contests against those who choose to use their inventory.

OMG... you just brought this to my attention more clearly!

Thank goodness when I run the ATC I save avatars from the Trade process. I don't save avatars the contestant sends me.... Wow... I need to make that a rule now in my contest. Cuz I do not want TekTek contestants.... I want GAIA AVATAR contestants. heart

Still think AT needs sub-forums for the culture changes.

Cognizance

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Cognizance

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:23 pm
`Monox!de
          I hate TekTek threads. Dx I wish they'd stay in the Chatterbox.

It's not illegal to charge for TekTeks, but no one likes it for people to do so, because they either suck, or are too expensive. Seriously, 1k for something like this?
          User Image
          I don't think so. (Look how good I am at making s**t avatars. <333)

I hate people who can't rate, too. Dx They keep telling me, "LOL, YOU NEED TEAL ITEMS. LIKE NEAR YOUR MIDDLE. THERE ARE NO TEAL ITEMS IN THAT SHADE, BUT I'LL GIVE YOU A 7 FOR NOT HAVING IT ANYWAY." D: WTF. I think everyone knows that there are NO teal items in this shade besides the shoes I'm wearing and the waterwings. And this hair. It's like they're downvoting me because Gaia didn't make many teal items. confused

It kind of makes me wonder what these gaians look like in real life with how they dress. oo;

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games