Altenate Costumes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NachoDude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:04 am
Dear Sakurai,
If you're gonna make clone characters, why not make them alternate costumes? For example, choosing the Dr. Mario costume for Mario would change his appearance and name, as well as his fireballs being Megavitamins. Not that the costumes would make the character play any different, just appear different. More examples could be:
Peach=Daisy
Samus=Dark Samus
Wario=Plumber Wario=Purple Wind
Link=Young Link=WW Link
Ridley=Meta Ridley
G&W=Mii
Marth=Roy=Ike
Yoshi=Boshi
Mario=Dr. Mario=Paper Mario
Perhaps some of them could even have different Final Smashes! And if anyone was reading this letter, perhaps they could input with their own ideas. I would thank you for your time, but seeing as this isn't a real letter i don't think I will.
Yours Truly,
N.D.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:43 pm
Bowser could be Rookie or Bowletta.  

oldschool_gamer

Talwar126

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:50 pm
NachoDude
Dear Sakurai,
If you're gonna make clone characters, why not make them alternate costumes? For example, choosing the Dr. Mario costume for Mario would change his appearance and name, as well as his fireballs being Megavitamins. Not that the costumes would make the character play any different, just appear different. More examples could be:
Peach=Daisy
Samus=Dark Samus
Wario=Plumber Wario=Purple Wind
Link=Young Link=WW Link
Ridley=Meta Ridley
G&W=Mii
Marth=Roy=Ike
Yoshi=Boshi
Mario=Dr. Mario=Paper Mario
Perhaps some of them could even have different Final Smashes! And if anyone was reading this letter, perhaps they could input with their own ideas. I would thank you for your time, but seeing as this isn't a real letter i don't think I will.
Yours Truly,
N.D.

The idea is really cool, yes, but you're also covering up certain characters that are already going to be in this game. Your alternates of Marth/Roy, Mario/Dr.Mario, and Link/Young Link are going to cut down players already in the game and it'd be easier (and would create less backlash from fans) to keep them as their own players. The rest, though, would be cool.

I especially like the idea of having a Mii as an alternate for Game & Watch.

Wigglytuff for Jigglypuff, Waluigi for Wario, Slippy for Falco and Peppy for Fox, Poo for Ness, 8-Bit Ice Climbers for their new counterparts... So many ideas. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:47 pm
Actually, from what I've heard fans are very concerned about the inclusion of clones, and generally discuss their distaste of such characters. The inclusion of alternate character models would open the field for more original characters with full move sets. So for each Dr. Mario no longer there, you now have a Ridley, Lucario or Little Mac  

NachoDude

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:28 pm
I like your list and that's exactly how I feel. Make characters alternate costumes of others. ESPECIALLY if it's the same character, but in different clothing. It's a waste otherwise. Some clones, like Falco could just use another kinda of moveset and work on his own. I'd love that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:52 pm
Whats the difference, then, of clones who are hidden as "Alternate Costumes" and clones who are slightly modified characters given their own zone on the character select screen? Would it only being done to open up more character slots for "new characters"?

Don't get me wrong, I can see using altnernate costumes as a means of minimizing the characters that take up the screen. It's a neat idea. All four of the Star Fox characters, Falco, Fox, Pepe, and Slippy, alternating as one character with different costumes would be cool. My problem is just that they already have different characters set up. Why combine them rather than just seperating them further? Here's an example:

Link & Young Link
Both would still have their respective Swords and Shields, as well as the A button attack combinations, but this is where their similarities seperate.

Adult Link's Move List - Stronger/Straight Forward
Up + B: Spiral Cut (Been there, done that)
Left/Right + B: Gale Boomerang (This would also pull items to you)
Down + B: Bombchu (Mobile explosive)
B Alone: Light Arrows (As usual, holding it makes it go father)

Young Link's Move List - Fast/Controlling
Up + B: Bomb Pouch (Been there, done that)
Left/Right + B: Deku Leaf (Mid-air makes you hover)
Down + B: Skull Hammer (It's a big hammer, what more do you want?)
B Alone: Slingshot (Hold makes it stronger)

And, of course, I want Oni-Link somewhere in there. ^_____^  

Talwar126

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:02 am
I too, have considered this alternate costume idea, but ^ ^ ^ raises a valid point. Will it matter if it's a hidden clone, or one on the character select screen?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:13 am
No, the Starfox team wouldn't all be one character, it's just if they have alternate costumes that are the same basic character but with different clothes. Like Mario with Doctor, Sunshine, Paper, and Jumpman costumes. Like not really different at all characters. Not all clones (if there are any) would be costumes, just if they cannot make an original move set because they are the same character. It's hard to say what I mean.  

NachoDude

NekkyoMaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:44 pm
Ok. Not that this is a bad Idea, but I have to say my complaints.

1)I hate the term "clone characters". If a character was a clone, they would be EXACTLY the same.

2)Even if two characters, Like Marth and Roy or Mario and Doctor Mario, have similar move sets, they still have there differences. For example, Roy is slow, he uses what looks like fire based attacks, he has higher attack, his B-button attack takes longer to charge, and his attack can cause a one-hit KO if fully charged. Marth is fast, he causes what looks more like physical damage, his B-button attack takes almost no time to charge, and his B-button attack is weaker than Roy's. I believe their up B attacks also have different angles at witch they go up, too. The only place I can see them being "clones" is their side B and down B attacks, but I think even they have slight difference.

3) The whole point of the costumes If to just change appearance slightly, in case two people want to be the same character. No move set difference. Just appearance. So basically, by making them costumes, THEN they would clones.

So yeah. I don't consider any character to be a "clone." Not that you Idea isn't bad. Cause I can Imagine Boshi or dark samus being alternate costumes. It's just that, with previous games, the costume just changes what they look like. It's not that they can't change that... it's just that I don't think they will.

By the way, If you can't tell the difference between a character and Its "clone", I can probably tell you it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:44 pm
then my favorite character young link might have life?  

Reaper1120

LowLenny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:25 pm
clones? oh yeahyou forgot sonic yeah saw it in cheat thing
sonic=shadow  
Miscellaneous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items