Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
This may or may not be of interest to you...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Violet_Insurrection

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:10 am
mugglenet.com
Scholastic gets subpoena to identify spoiler

The LA Times is reporting that the US Harry Potter publisher obtained a subpoena to learn the identity of a user who allegedly posted copies of Deathly Hallows on a California website.

Scholastic said in a court filing Monday that "materials hosted on Photobucket.com's system" contain materials that infringe copyrights owned by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books. Photobucket.com, a News Corp. unit, is a website for sharing photos and videos on social networks such as MySpace.

The subpoena was sent to Gaia Interactive Inc. in San Jose seeking the identity of a user on gaiaonline.com, a social network, according to the filing in San Francisco federal court.

Gaia complied with the subpoena, removed the material and temporarily banned the user from the site, said Gaia spokesman Bill Danon.

I am just sickened. I know there are evil people out there that want to spoil the fun for the rest of us, just to get a few cheap laughs, but i for one did not think that any of them were on Gaia. Now, thanks to this idiot, every Harry Potter fan that doesn't frequent Gaia will think that we all want to spoil the book ("we" being the Order and all the other HP guilds here). I am heartened that the admins took action against the perpetrator, whoever he may be, but the fact remains that the Gaian Harry Potter fandom has been tarnished in the eyes of Jo, Scholastic, and the rest of the world. I just hope that no one else here will be so inconsiderate as to spoil the book for their own personal reasons at our expense again.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:39 pm
When I saw on Mugglenet that someone on Gaia could do that, I didn't want to believe it but I guess there are stupid and inconsiderate people everywhere.  

Eriks Little Lotte

Apple Blossom19

Eloquent Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:46 pm
Eriks Little Lotte
When I saw on Mugglenet that someone on Gaia could do that, I didn't want to believe it but I guess there are stupid and inconsiderate people everywhere.

As long as there are Gryffindors there will be Slytherins......>>

It is sad how some people can't wait a week to find out the information first hand......pitty....he will now go to wiziarding hell.....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:16 pm
Apple Blossom19
Eriks Little Lotte

As long as there are Gryffindors there will be Slytherins......>>

It is sad how some people can't wait a week to find out the information first hand......pitty....he will now go to wiziarding hell.....

Indeed. Azkaban is a little too soft for an unforgivable crime such as this....  

The_Violet_Insurrection

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff