Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Have You Ever Had This Problem? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryuna_08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 am
i can not start a game and not finish it. it drives me crazy when my friend monica does that.. like she has like 50 games or so and obly beaten like two her self. lol ive beaten 70% of my games and some of em are still in plastic cause i havent played yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:15 pm
Youjeen

I think FF games have probably the worst replay value out of everything I own. Because by the time you're finished them you're thinking to yourself 'at last!' and know how long it took to finish so you don't bother playing it again...or if you do you get to a part you enjoy and then give up after it.

I find myself coming back to FF's that I've already played through. Or to those I have left unfinished for some reason. Usually I love the theme so much that I want to see it all again or if game is not finished I have been too pissed of to some monster I can't beat. And some cases I've delayed playing for I hate to know that I'm nearly at the end and... And... Guess there is things I just don't like to let go.  

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:18 pm
Schutzhund
I find myself coming back to FF's that I've already played through. Or to those I have left unfinished for some reason. Usually I love the theme so much that I want to see it all again or if game is not finished I have been too pissed of to some monster I can't beat. And some cases I've delayed playing for I hate to know that I'm nearly at the end and... And... Guess there is things I just don't like to let go.

I agree. I love to come back to the Final Fantasy games and replay them. I may not always have the time but the themes displayed in the game make you want to go back and undertake the task again. The games tend to be so tedious with many secrets and items that it's always a new experience.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:07 pm
Aya_Teien
Schutzhund

I agree. I love to come back to the Final Fantasy games and replay them. I may not always have the time but the themes displayed in the game make you want to go back and undertake the task again. The games tend to be so tedious with many secrets and items that it's always a new experience.

Wow, it's not often that somebody says that tedium is a good thing. Final Fantasies are certainly great for replay value, but I think they're starting to overdo it with sidequests, mostly in XII. For the most part, I replay it for the story and get all of the secrets on my first file.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Reels

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 pm
I've only ever completed X and its sequel.

For VII, VIII, and XII, I got all the way to the end, where basically the only thing left to do (main story wise) was fight some final bosses.

I just can't finish them. Either I need to level up more and there's extra stuff I want to do that I still haven't. Or I just don't want it to end.

It's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:57 pm
Reels

For VII, VIII, and XII, I got all the way to the end, where basically the only thing left to do (main story wise) was fight some final bosses.

I just can't finish them. Either I need to level up more and there's extra stuff I want to do that I still haven't. Or I just don't want it to end.

It's ridiculous.

That's exactly what happens to me. It took me eight years to finish VIII, and I'm still waiting around at the end of XII. I'm actually getting better about it, though.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Reels

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:15 pm
Ravenwolf
Reels

It's ridiculous.

That's exactly what happens to me. It took me eight years to finish VIII, and I'm still waiting around at the end of XII. I'm actually getting better about it, though.

Baha. 8 for VIII.
Made me giggle, sorry. sweatdrop

Buuuut...
I wish I could get better about it. XD
I'd really like to watch the endings of them all for myself.
Bah.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:22 pm
Reels
Baha. 8 for VIII.

Buuuut...
Bah.

'Tsokay. ^_^

You know how I cured myself? When I got the urge to do a sidequest, I instead thought, "Aw, screw it." Then I beat the final boss! Isn't that a heartwarming story, now?  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:46 pm
Ravenwolf
Aya_Teien
Schutzhund

Wow, it's not often that somebody says that tedium is a good thing. Final Fantasies are certainly great for replay value, but I think they're starting to overdo it with sidequests, mostly in XII. For the most part, I replay it for the story and get all of the secrets on my first file.

I'm not necessarily saying that them being "tedious" is good. Just that because they incorporate so much into the games there's generally more to replay and accomplish. But yes, I do agree. The side quests are getting to be ridiculous. It can be fun but sometimes they're so annoying to complete that you forget the actual storyline xD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:50 pm
Aya_Teien
I'm not necessarily saying that them being "tedious" is good. Just that because they incorporate so much into the games there's generally more to replay and accomplish. But yes, I do agree. The side quests are getting to be ridiculous. It can be fun but sometimes they're so annoying to complete that you forget the actual storyline xD

Yeah, that tends to happen... sweatdrop Sometimes I forget where I'm supposed to go next, and once or twice I've accidentally gone there in pursuit of a sidequest and gotten confused when an event happened.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Reels

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:01 am
Ravenwolf
Reels
Baha. 8 for VIII.

Buuuut...
Bah.

'Tsokay. ^_^

You know how I cured myself? When I got the urge to do a sidequest, I instead thought, "Aw, screw it." Then I beat the final boss! Isn't that a heartwarming story, now?

Quite! It shows just how dedicated you are!

XD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:38 pm
I only have the problem of finishing games if they become too reptitive, though some times I can get past that. My problem is more rooted in never having finished all the side stuff, usually cause it's too hard, but other times just because you have to spend about 10 hours of leveling your characters, materia, etc...  

Krell356

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces