Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
The Travelling Aussie :: Travel Experiences?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you travel a lot?
  Yes! I love it!
  Yes, but I prefer staying at home.
  Sometimes, and I like it.
  Sometimes, and I don't really like it.
  No, but I wish I did!
  No, and I don't want to.
View Results

Satellite Statesman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:57 pm
Right now I'm an Aussie on the road. What about you? Have you travelled abroad before, or do you just travel in Aus? Where do you take vacations? Do you have a dream destination?

I guess I should start. Because I've been travelling a lot, and the current global state of mind is suspicion, I've had a few run-ins. What can I say, a young guy travelling around "without a good, legal reason" can catch attention sometimes. When I was in Morocco, I was searched for drugs at the airport when I tried to leave. Fortunately, it didn't get ...er... uncomfortable. In Scotland, at the time of the airport bombings, I was actually going to leave.... but that got delayed, and I was "visited". That was interesting. At almost every airport I've been asked why I'm going where I'm going. o_________________o;

Oooh geez, am I ever gettin' homesick though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:41 pm
I've been to a few places outside of Australia

Hungary
Hong Kong
and if you want to count in those 1 hour stops between flights i've been to Singapore and Germany also.  

StreekG

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:56 pm
I've never really be outside of the country. I haven't even been down to Tasmaina yet, that's almost overseas xD I reckon I'll get to NZ before I get down there. 3nodding

As for travel in Australia, I've kept mainly to NSW, but I have gone to a few places in QLD and I've been down below the NSW/Vic border. I would need a large map to be able to tell you all the places I've been.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:03 am
I've just come back from a week in Singapore, and I am so, so, so glad to be back home. I am loving this cold! Going abroad has made me appreciate my home city so much more, I never realised how attached I'd become to Perth until about the second evening abroad, I wouldn't be able to stroll into the Perth traino the next day. I liked certain places in Singapore, I loved Little India with a passion, but I felt so awfully homesick. >.<

Australia-wise, I've been to a collection of towns to the south of WA, passed through Adelaide, spent a night in Melbourne, a week in Sydney, and travelled around Tasmania for a couple of weeks.  

schpleek

The Official Australian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff