Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Artemis Fowl: The Movie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:49 pm
User ImageI cannot even BEGIN to image how they plan to turn these wonderful books into movies.
I just can't.
I just keep getting the feeling that it's going to suck.
But I still can't help but look forward to it.
><#

Now, for anyone who has read the Artemis Fowl books, can you imagine how this will turn out as a movie?
D;
And, of course, my proof.
Click
~~Hey, I'm Cressy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:21 pm
Holy...

I heard there was going to be a movie, but I thought they cancelled it.
I hate movies based off of books. I was so frustrated with the Harry Potter ones. [Even though I've watched all of them.]

They shouldn't air the movie until the series is finished, so they won't miss a huge BLOCK of foreshadowing like they did in HP5.

-grumbles-

I am not liking this.

aristocraft

-x x kyoxtohru x x-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:06 pm
Crescent Flame
User ImageI cannot even BEGIN to image how they plan to turn these wonderful books into movies.
I just can't.
I just keep getting the feeling that it's going to suck.
But I still can't help but look forward to it.
><#

Now, for anyone who has read the Artemis Fowl books, can you imagine how this will turn out as a movie?
D;
And, of course, my proof.
Click
~~Hey, I'm Cressy.

User Image

Ooooh. I'm excited but yet not liking this.
>.<;
I love the series, but I hate when they miss all the details. Honestly, I'd rather sit through a 4 hours movie with all the details than an hour and a half movie with 1/3 the details.
._.;
But a side note... There's going to be a 6th book? I looked it up on Wikipedia. Just trying to clear this up. "Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox" apparently. Is this true?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:44 pm
Oh, I can't wait! I'm so excited, so excited! And Eoin Colfer is going to be involved in most creative decisions made for the movie, so I'm not too worried! Excited!!  

Galad Aglaron
Captain

xXgoth_girl12Xx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:15 pm
Like you, I'm worried. Incredibly. I'm afraid it's going to turn out like Ten Little Indians. Such a good book, but the people who produced the movie made it SUCK by changing pretty much everything about it. xp
Anyways---
I'm also scared of who they're going ot cast for Holly, Artemis, and, of course, my personal favorite, Foaly.
I'm afraid that they're going to make the cast suck and mess up the movie... but if Eoin Colfer will really be thee as Galad Damodred- sama said, then I feel slightly more reassured about the final product.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:53 pm
If anything, they'll have to have some great visual effects for the fairy creatures. And with Colfer himself overseeing, they probably won't be able to slaughter the books too much. However, the precedent for bad book-based movies still worries me. >.>  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Virgil Lifeson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:47 am
I don't think Colfer is going to let anyone slaughter his precious books too much. I expect LotR-Movie quality here.

I.e. Not going to suck immensely, but will leave things out due to time constraints.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:20 pm
ARE YOU KIDDING?! I'm scared out of my mind! How could I not be? There is absolutely no way they can make a movie as ultimately perfect as the book. Impossible. I deny the existence of such a series of events.

The only way this can have a good outcome is if they reinvent the movie, and if they do that, all we can do is pray. God help the casting crew if they cast badly, for nothing will spare them my wrath. My sense of foreboding was only increased when I saw the following comment from Mr. Colfer himself: "The story is mainly the first book but with a few huge surprises. If Hollywood tells you to do whatever you want... well I couldn't turn that offer down, so expect new adventures."

WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?!  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Celestia25

Interesting Cat

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:32 am
I'm a huge fan of Colfer's books, especially Artemis Fowl, and somehow it doesn't seem like it could be adapted into a movie. Like MyOwnBestCritic said, they would have to have some brilliant ideas for special effects. I can't imagine what Holly or Foaly might look like, it just feels like it should remain a book.  
Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games