Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
They Way You Type and Talk Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Answer the poll?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:35 pm
Vakruz
I tend to be more verbose when I type than when I talk. It's a bit annoying when I find myself unable to articulate something well when I'd had it planned out perfectly in my head beforehand; I'm just not a good speaker, I suppose.

I'm exactly the same way! I get so tongue-tied talking to ANYONE in real life; it's so irritating.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:38 pm
I talk text speak and slang and type in decent English. It's easier to articulate in type because I can slow down and think about what I'm writing. Plus, I live in the South. Poor speech kind of comes naturally.  

Missy Wyvern

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:07 am
I tend to talk the way I speak. Even in essays and reports I tend to sound how I speak even though it is modified a bit. I know you're not really supposed to do that but not following some standard rules of written english usually allows me to produce more enjoyable but still correct assignments.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:35 am
For some reason, I mispronounce every other word. It's very annoying when my sister has to correct me, I feel like a five-year-old struggling to grasp the pronunciation of a complicated word.  

Pure_Sango

Naturally-Obsessive

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:11 am
I tend to use a larger vocabuary when I type and write. Most of the time it's because when I say something my friends say, "Huh?" and I got sick of explaining myself. But I do however use those words in debates.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff