Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Glitching perhaps? -Updated once again-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Binana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 pm
So I installed University today, and everything was going all fine and happy, til I discovered something wrong. Apparently now, when my character studies, researches, plays piano, draws, etc. it'll glitch or something and my character will appear in the next second next to/behind where she was, without a book in her hand if she was researching, or just appears next to the piano, easel, etc. I'm really weirded out by this because she didn't walk there, she just appeared there.
Is there a patch or anything?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:24 am
Sounds like a form of the "jump bug" to me. This is when you tell a Sim to do something but after they start they reset themselves. It first occured in the base game and was caused by a Sim knowing too many people. This has been fixed in patches. If you don't already have the University patch then I strongly suggest you get it and any other patches you need.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Binana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:19 pm
e_e
So, I tried that a long time ago, I don't remember what happened but I ended up uninstalling it.
So I just reinstalled it and stuff, and it still does it. I went to patch and it just keeps telling me I'm up to date.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:54 pm
my sims (when they were kids) they would get hot chocolate but when they sat down at the table it would reset like that and they would appear standing next to the table, so do i have the same problem?  

Kitties_at_the_disco

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:44 pm
You migth have.
Have either of you installed any hacks in your game? It could be a conflict that is causing it.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games