I hate my SCA friends.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:56 pm
So it was Pickles, Tora, McGrager, Sarah, Cory, and I at waterbearers point being cool and helping My SCA mom out. (Tora is my SCA father) I wasn't really do much and neither was Tora. Our backs hurt. So any way, the rest of the gang comes back and decides to take a break so we're sitting around. It was really hot and I have to admit I was sooo complaining. So Tora picks up his mug filled with water a pitches half of it at me. At this time I would like to mention that McGrager and Tora LOVE to make sexual jokes about me. Anyway the water hits the left side of my chest and everyone laughs. Then to make things worse, or funny depending on which side you were on, McGrager says, "You missed a side." So Tora pitches the rest of the water to the right side. Atleast I wasn't hot anymore.

These are the same friends that call me lad because I have sort hair and dress like a boy, (also because they thought it was funny when I was water bearing one time and a knight called me a lad and was serious), request me at their camp so they can make fun of me, make rude jokes about me, turn EVERYTHING I say into a sexual joke, and scares away anyone who flurts with me.

I hate my SCA friends but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Please note that I do not hate my friends. I love them to death. I say I hate them with a big goofy smile on my face.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:31 am
To be honest, a lot of my SCA friends are like that too.

But I love 'em. For us, it's more of a back and forth thing.

Like when my friend Ysabel happened to be getting legged often by Lord Liam.

What else was I supposed to say but 'My dear Ysabel, you seem to be on your knees quite often for our dear Lord Liam, you don't want him going around about how easy you are, now do you'
.... proptly getting her killed sweatdrop

But we jest back an forth, it's half the fun. But really - if they're going to far, you need to tell them. Sit them down, stare them down, and tell them you're pissed. That if they don't sharpen up, you're going to start ringing bells, because if you tell them to stop, tell them straight-up that you are uncomfortable with what they're saying, and that you want them to stop, then they should know better and need to stop.

Hell, my friends have been saying (when I go to Clinton in a week or so) that as soon as I say 'no' or 'stop' or anything to the negative, and someone keeps going, to go get them, and they'll have half the heavies on 'em in but a few minutes. sweatdrop

But honestly. If you're not comfortable with what they're doing/saying, tell them. If they don't stop - and you've warned them, and told them straight up (no vauge b.s. - straight up that you want them to stop), then it's time to tell someone else.

Mind you this would be my opinion... And what I would do.

Either that, or cause them bodily harm. That's always a favourite (though not recomended) ... although I must say that, the feeling you get out of nearly breaking someone's fingers, when they've groped you one-too-many times, or simply don't know the word 'stop' or 'no', is just SOOO satisfying.  

Naito_Mitsukai

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:00 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
To be honest, a lot of my SCA friends are like that too.

But I love 'em. For us, it's more of a back and forth thing.

Like when my friend Ysabel happened to be getting legged often by Lord Liam.

What else was I supposed to say but 'My dear Ysabel, you seem to be on your knees quite often for our dear Lord Liam, you don't want him going around about how easy you are, now do you'
.... proptly getting her killed sweatdrop

But we jest back an forth, it's half the fun. But really - if they're going to far, you need to tell them. Sit them down, stare them down, and tell them you're pissed. That if they don't sharpen up, you're going to start ringing bells, because if you tell them to stop, tell them straight-up that you are uncomfortable with what they're saying, and that you want them to stop, then they should know better and need to stop.

Hell, my friends have been saying (when I go to Clinton in a week or so) that as soon as I say 'no' or 'stop' or anything to the negative, and someone keeps going, to go get them, and they'll have half the heavies on 'em in but a few minutes. sweatdrop

But honestly. If you're not comfortable with what they're doing/saying, tell them. If they don't stop - and you've warned them, and told them straight up (no vauge b.s. - straight up that you want them to stop), then it's time to tell someone else.

Mind you this would be my opinion... And what I would do.

Either that, or cause them bodily harm. That's always a favourite (though not recomended) ... although I must say that, the feeling you get out of nearly breaking someone's fingers, when they've groped you one-too-many times, or simply don't know the word 'stop' or 'no', is just SOOO satisfying.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was saying they were a problem and I wanted them to stop. I don't. They aren't' hurting anything. And if they were I certainly have no problem telling them. Thanks though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:50 pm
Change friends.  

LoneDuke

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:14 pm
LoneDuke
Change friends.
Did you read the first post? I don't really hate them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:15 am
My SCA sisters do things like that to me too. Franny once poured a whole bottle of freezing cold water on me when I was laying under a tree.

Our whole household is at least a little perverted, so it's fun.  

Indigo Project

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:09 am
This past weekend, at Autumn Rose, my boy friend, at his first event, and a good friend stood outside the tent two girl friends of mine and were trying to sleep in and laughed because the two girls were tag teaming to pin and tickle me. The exclamations I was making, plus one of my friend's decidedly low brow comments, apparently made for a great audio show for the two men. Jeesh!

Does anyone else still use the term "girl friends" to refer to plural friends who are female or is the term only with romantic connotations anymore? If it still has both meanings, is there any easy way to distinguish, or is it only by context, such as above?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:00 pm
...context  

(((rasberry~kimiko)))

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas