Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
Omega: Hidden Darkside Holy Ground FAQ & Guide (DONE) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LykosVI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:24 am
I beat that on my first try lol. I was up late one night and I was like "Eh might as well see how it is. Then I wound up staying up all night guiding through the dungeon and I final beat it. Must have been lucky too cause there was atleast 1-2 portals containing normal monsters on each floor for me. Hehe  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:24 pm
I beat that!
I didn't think to keep Kites Data Drain in that cyan colour though XD

I did not beat it on my first try because a thunderstorm knocked out the power when I was very far in the dungeon D<.... (My father said he was scared to laugh at me because I was so angry)

But I also didn't know abusing data drain would give you a game over O.o
I guess I'm good at not using it to much ^.^

Great guide! I will use this when I start the game over and forget how things work XD

YesterDaysNews

Kraeven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:13 am
The Slate Scholar
Apparently, very few people in this guild have actually attempted/beaten the sidequest Omega: HIdden Darkside Holy Ground. This is absolutely the MOST DIFFICULT sidequest of the entire .hack// original gaming series.

In
ALL of every .hack game (in my opinion).

I will admit it was tedious and painful, but I'm the kind of person too stubborn to give up on it. It took me eight or so tries and the first two times I felt the need to fight and Data Drain
EVERYTHING. I have a habit of doing things like that and needing to learn the hard way.

I love fighting The Guardian/The Ring. Best EXP in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:25 am
The Slate Scholar
<-=-Party-=->

Regardless of who you want, you MUST choose Kite and Elk. They are both required because, well, Kite is the main character, and Elk wants Mia back. The third choice is up to you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MAGIC:

Kite (Twin Blade)
Elk (Wavemaster)

Tsukasa/Helba/Mistral/Wiseman (Wavemaster)

Pros:
By choosing the above party, you almost assure that you will receive the Final Blow in battles, and thus increase chances to reduce Infection level. Wavemasters always stay behind in battle and cast magic, usually preventing major damage. By quickly choosing Operation Recover! They will stop the spell and start healing HP and MP.

Cons:
MP will QUICKLY run out, causing you to pause in rooms to Recover MP. After running out, Wavemasters resort to Items or standing still. If a monster comes to them, they will beat it mercilessly, causing very minimal damage. The death rate with them is also high, seeing as Wavemasters usually have less HP than other classes.

SKILLS:

Kite (Twin Blade)
Elk (Wavemaster)

Rachel/Balmung/Orca/Marlo (Blademaster)
Nuke Usagimaru/Gardenia (Long Arm)

Pros:
By using skills, it doesn't give many monsters time to react and attack. Blademasters use skills particularly quickly, and Long Arms have the advantage of Rapid Strike Skills and distance. Monsters will flinch/grunt more, and won't be able to use abilities to their greatst abilities, giving you an opportunity for a quick kill.

Cons:
As with Wavemasters, these two groups use Skills which consume a lot of MP. You will need to rest a lot. Also, you may have to play the healer every now and then, wasting valuable time. Also, these groups take hits frequently. If a skill misses, a monster can strike back and keep attacking until they regain their stance.

SPEED:

Kite (Twin Blade)
Elk (Wavemaster)

Moonstone/Natsume/Sora (Twin Blade)

Pros:
Plety of Speed and Evasion. Monster's attack will hit less often. Twin Blades hit with quick and rapid strikes, and move around the arena well. The monster will be turning a lot throughout the fights, and will give you a chance for more skills.

Cons:
Twin Blades takes hits HARD. Having a very weak defense and a small amount of HP, they are very useless and die very often. Being rapid hitters, their attack strengths are divided amongst the hits. If their attack streams are interrupted, they can't well recover. You will more often have to be the healer while they fight, slowing battle down.

POWER:

Kite (Twin Blade)
Elk (Wavemaster)

BlackRose/Sanjuro (Heavy Blade)
Piros the 3rd/Subaru/Terajima Ryoka (Heavy Axeman)

Pros:
Highest Attacks and Defense of the classes. They can take a hit and have strong Single Blows. Their skills are so broad that they hardly miss and deal massive damage.

Cons:
Very low Speed and very slow attacks. Their feet stay panted in one place through the duration of the battles, making it hard for them to dodge attacks. Their skills require a lot of MP, but they prefer regular attacks (unless given other instructions). Your wavemaster will have to spend a lot of MP on healing.

[Introduction] [Frequently Asked Questions] [Guide] [Party] [Dungeon] [Tips & Hints]

I thought you didn't get Helba, Sora, Tsukasa, or Subaru until AFTER you completed that SideQuest...?  

vengeful retribution

Kraeven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:04 pm
I remember WAY before, or else I couldn't have had Helba to help me through it all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:20 pm
grrrrrr D:

I NEEDA GET A NEW COPY OF INFECTION D: AND THE REST OF THE GAMES D:  

Haseo626

Unenlagia23

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:24 am
I beat it with just Kite and Elk, no one else, on the second try.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:06 am
OH YEAH! Man, that part was hard D: The first time I made it to about the third floor, and got game over. I tried again and made it. I think it was all luck -.-

I'm just glad I got it done. I definitely agree that part was the most difficult. :/ I kept getting nervous since the infected thingy showed my PC was all red. I was like "I'm not going to make it!" T-T  

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:18 am
This is the only thing I have left to do now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 am
It took from midnight til 2, but I finished it. I never would have used Helba as my third if I hadn't read this thread.

Pros: Always set them to first aid after data drain, so you can have the final blow. Helba specifically never seems to run out of health or mana. Charm and such were completely ineffective against this team as well.

Cons: Elk will die easily, even when healing himself. Against 3 physical attackers in one battle, it is very hard (mu guardian data bugs).

I was deep in the red during level 3-4, but after that I started to get normal monsters more than not. I was actually back in blue twice, once around level 8, and once at the end.

Twin Blades used:
Raian - Dark Lords get killed in one hit by Tempest Strike, and proper positioning can hit multiple. It is also effective against Dark Asteroid after it's been Data Drained.

Sublimer - mostly for Flame Vortex against Madam Niagara, but it also works against multiple area Vlitramasters (though I suppose I should have used a wood twin blade...)

Lady Killers - my own personal favorite, just for having Ap Do.

--

Elk- mostly used for healing, or skills against phys resistance.

Helba- same as elk, except that once the Psyche Vision data bugs are drained, I used OrGanRom once or twice to weaken them, then finished them off with my own magic spells (since phys usually misses them).  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Game Assistance and Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers