Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
I have a lot of questions still

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kaykeyser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:04 pm
Im still haveing trubles placeing doors and windows
Every time I build a new house from scratch I cant get doors or windows to place.
this is when I build 4 new walls conect them in to a box shape and have NOT placed other objects yet. I move a door or window over the house and it refues to turn green. it just stays red on all the locations of the wall I try to place them on.

I have most the expantion packs and all the big ones that relay make a difference.

I have patches downloaded (thogh they dont seem to do any thing I migght need the most resent updated pach's link)

I tried the code boolpropsnapobjectstogridtrue
nothing works

if I turn on moveobjects(on) I can place doors and windows but when I turn the game off and onn again I find out that what I REALY did was place doors and windows infront of walls and visualy it looks retarded and ugly.

I need either some help or some one to make buildings for me based off of discritions, sketches and photos.

also I found a pumkin head skin but I cant get THAT to work

my sims some times obsess over a single action and ignore there needs and the school buss

the game froze when one of my simes tried to change in to her work cloths

my sims act too independently and dont folow orders when Im in story telling mode

I FINALY got my body shop to work but I have no clue how to do recollores and I instaled Sims PE bit dont know how to use it. (Im looking for some thing that will alow me to recollor existing skins and meshes and save them as new files and some thing that will let me add images to paintings and posters.

also my sims have been expressing wants for items like cell phones and hand held games Im not shore were I buy those

and I some times (and expeshly on this one lot in particuler) get an object error mesage asking me to "continue, reset or deleet) a lot of times this is no big deel and reset or deleet helps me but some times reset and continue do nothing and deleet deleets my salected family member. Im trying to figue out what couses this problemb. how to advoid it and get around it.

and I need away to remember after I hire a sim at a business, how do I tell what skills they have? and how do I keep my employees from goofing off or quiting? and how do I atract sims to my business and make them want to pay me?

and are there any cheet or hacked objects for pets that enhance there needs and skills and training?

is it possible to kill an NPC and what happens when you do?

are there any hacked objects that alow sims of any age to use all objects and do all actions regardless of what it is?

what do I need to keep vampier sims alive in the day time?

also Im open to anyoone who takes requests for skin and object creations but I do already ahve some one I asked about this who said she could make some Im just waiting on her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:33 pm
Wow...lotta questions. I know trhe awnser to most, though.

1.) Did you install the patches? I think they're a sims2pack, so if I'm right, double click. Then follow the instructions.

2.)It is 'boolprop snapobjectstogrid false'. true is to keep it there, false removes it.

3.) You have to install CC for it to show up. I recommend Q-Express. Nice and simple, installs all files in one go.

4.) If you're having trouble controlling sims, then simply trurn off free will. It's under options.

5.) Odd. If it was a custom career, then it might've crashed. Or if you downloaded a career, it may have overwritten it.

6.)To create new skins/clothes, etc., go to create new project->gentics/glasses, makeup, etc./clothes. Whichever you want.->Select item to work off.->export->Filename->Go to your Sims2 folder, most likely in documents. ->Projects->Whatever younamed it.

7.) Numenor on modthesims2 has agreat, handy little cheat for pets.Behaviour mod. You need to register on the site to download, but it is gret once you do. For it to work, you have to activate, 'boolprop controlPets on'. And take the time to browse Numenor's other works.

8.)To keep vampires, alive, keep them in a coffin. They wake up automatically at seven P.M. Or, just use, 'boolprop motivedecay off'. They still smoke, but don't die.

Hope that helps.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

kaykeyser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:58 pm
I don't know whata CC is

and when I say help me make skins I mean help me open the skin in Paint Shop Pro 7 so I can recolor it you can do any thing you want in Boddy shop but you cant recollor shirts, rrecreate the designs on shirts or make unnatural hair collor or unnatural pet fur collor or make cutem paintings. I want to make T-shirts with images cut and pasted on to them ect your thing you said just sends things I mix and match in body shop to the game it doesnt make a single new thing I cant make in the game my self. it doesnt recollor skin to blue or red or orange or let me make yellow glowing eyes or missing teath or hairy armes or arm feathers or any thing its just a match a shirt and pants and hit send program Im trying to make some thing realy cool.

the other stuff I wont know till I try but I need a working solustion for the doorsd and windows thing.

thanks for the pet item link and PM me if you wnat to take requests for making things or if you wnat to give privet help. I respond faster in PMs  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:57 am
Can't help you with paintshop pro...I use Gimp, which is free, but does many of the same things. There are tutorials on modthesims2, so here is a link:
Clothing tutorials
I learned how to mesh minorly, as in, the black and white mesh copy. To create meshes, you need a meshing program like milkshape, which is twenty-five dollars to register after a month. And mehing is HARD.
But I can create stuff, so I love them. These tuts dreally helped me out.
CC is shorthand for Custom Content.
I'd help you out with SimPE, but I'm a novice.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

kaykeyser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:52 am
thanks for the help Im going to PM since its faster if you didnt get a PM yet PM me any how my main conserns are

1. clear up the bugs Im getting

2. ask someone to make skins for me

3. learn how to make skins ect my self with your help

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
this is how skins looked in Sims 1 and Im trying to find a way to open a sims 2 skin in a paint program so it'll look like the sims 1 skin I posted above so that I can paint over it, save as a new name and bring it in to body shop and send it to the game Im bad at tutorials becouse you got

* Faylen's Skinning Tutorial 1 - Basic Clothing Recolour

* Faylen's Skinning Tutorial 2 - Selective Recolour, Adding a Simple Texture

* Faylen's Skinning Tutorial 3 - Adding Textures

* Faylen's Skinning Tutorial 4 - Working Around the Mesh

* How to Add Shadows and Highlights
* Basic Clothing Recolour using The Gimp

* Gimp Clothing Tutorial 2 - Using a New Texture

* Gimp Clothing Tutorial 3 - Changing the Alpha

* Modding with Paint.NET

* How to Create Infant Hair and Clothing -

* How to Make a Bumpmap for Clothes

* How to Make a Top Out of a Picture

* Tutorials: How to Recolour Custom Mesh Clothing

* How to Adapt Skintones and Clothing to Custom Meshes

* Beyond Photoskinning: Transformation and Displacement Mapping in Photoshop

* Creating Textures from Images

* Skinning from the Inside Out

* Exporting UV Maps for Better Clothing Recolours

* Fabric Folds in Photoshop

and I don't know what one to click on! its too amny to think about and all I want is a siple answer like

click file
click open file name with program name
paint
save as
file type to save as
save as collor resulution #
place in folder name
open in body shop
send to game

or some thing like
open Sims PE
open file type
this is how you tell what the object your opening looks like before you open it
open the file you want
open image
incert imge
click and drag image
save as file type in folder name
import to game

thats what I need right now.

I also need some one to say "yah I Mesh and can make Gaia Monthly colectible items for your simes even realy complex tails and hats or weapon objects"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:10 am
Okies...Just awnser the PM here. Easier for me.

In relation to meshes, even long-time meshers make mistakes, and that it is incredibly difficult to do. While you can find tails, complicated tails that move are nearly impossible. Rosesims2.net has a few good weapons, and Sim Wardrobe has it all. From freeze ray to Star Trek food replicators, even bombs.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

kaykeyser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:05 pm
I just had a problemb sending you A PM yopu'll be POMed when the problemb is fixed for now

ok here is what I got now that I FINALY got my screen shots

1st I have to chse what I want. I desided to go with "clothing"

then I select a shirt and go to "export" I name it and go to export again

I am hoping to "Export" to Paint Shop pro just as I assume you would "Export to GIMP" so that I can copy and past an image or paint on the shirt so I can bring it back to Body shop and "export" to game I dont see a single menue for "open jpeg and place image on shirt" or for "use paint brush tool and color palet to repaint this shirt"

what I want to do is for one of us and it'll probley be you, to palce the folowing images on T-shirts or wall papers or posters or custem paintings or what ever.

I also want a recolloring of the Rabbit pet skin found on Mod the Sims 2 to have a green furred rabbit I can give a link

just the left half (front) of this image)

I want to do this hair mesh I know who's mesh you'll need to recollor

I want to make this Hat

this uniform for teens in both blue short sleves and red long sleves.

once I get those done I would like to work on other more complex things. so tell me if you can do thatose, if you will do those or how I can do those my self. if you do them for me, link me to your website page so I can down load them. please and thank you.

oh and BTW Im not looking for moving tails just the abilety to make a nine tails it would be like modding a wing I wink only makingng it more fan like more tail like.

and I'll edit that page streting Kiki latter.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:27 pm
Export to game creates a new folder in projects, so that you can edit it, give a description, decide what categories to put it in, and then place in game.
This page allows you to do so.
User Image

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

kaykeyser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:51 pm
I wont be nice to you to you explain WHY I cant PM you but you dont understand the question!

Tell me the camand that will alow me to create a brand new shirt that does not exist in the game but that uses an existing mesh so that I do not have to make new meeshes and only have to make new collores and so on I am askin what you can not and have not understood or touuld me and I wei re-re-=ask it till I get the answer I want and need or till I see you do the work or till you PM me and appoligise for setting your PMs to "friends only"

but how do I recolor a shirt?
how do I add an image to a shirt?
how do I make a shirt a color that is not avalible in body shop?
how do I add an image that is not avalible in body shop to a shirt?
how do I make a red shirt?
how do I make a green shirt?
how do I malke an orange shirt?
how do I make a yellow shirt?
how do I make ablue shirt?
how do I place a picture on a shirt?
how do I place a photo on a shirt?
how do place a single white letter on a Red Shirt?
how do I make a tank top?
how do I make a bakini toip that is half red and half black?
how do I make a Gaia online shirt?
how do I make a wolf shirt?
how do I make a sam and Max Max/'s head shirt?
how do I make a shirt that is for a female useable for a male?
how do I make a male shirt avalible foir a female?
how do I make a child shirt avalible for an adult?
how do I make an adults shirt avalible for a child?

none of your answeres tell me how to do that all your telling me is how to run the program and what it does if I do not get a civilised personal PM with an appoligy and a perminent acseptance in to your life so I can PM you any time all the time with any thing I want by the end of today I will block you from my list. you can PM sasamiblue to send your apolgy after todays end but I will begin a requests and payments thread becouse I do not see a way to get what I need started! this program is frustraiting and impossible to understand! I cant get this body shop to do recolores! I cant get body shop to addy photos or imges to cloth! and I cant get it to recolor pat skins! I dont like all these "you have to buy programs and make meshes" junk its pissing me off and I cant even get a strait answer or any thing! its pissing me off. your being very very rude! I was one copy paste away from gettinng my messgae across and you cut me out of your life! its making this all so dificult.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:53 pm
Well, perhaps I do not inderstand what you ask.
I told you exactly what you had to do, and yet you do not understand. I can't enter your home and show you step by step. You should learn to look for the tutorials yourself, as many have done.

THIS is what I get for trying to help? Hmph.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

kaykeyser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:26 pm
body shop doesn't have tool bars
I looked for tool bars it has NO tool bars!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:37 pm
I didn't say it did.
Figure it out yourself.
I'm through being nice.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff